Takako Kimura-Ude
Takako Kimura-Ude  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 16:33
Member (2013)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Nov 30, 2015

歴史・アート関係の翻訳を中心に受けています。先日受けた問い合わせでは、江戸時代の浮世絵に記された文字の解読および翻訳を頼まれました。作者名や題名のような短い分量ではなく、こま絵と呼ばれる、枠組みの中に書かれた長い文章です。一部は分かってもとても全文は解読できず、大学等に問い合わせた方が良いと思いますとアドバイスして、お断りしました。

このような古文の翻訳を依頼されたことはありますか?歴史・アート系の翻訳をする者としては、古文書の読み方も勉強した方が良いのか(こういう依頼は日本人翻訳者である以上、今後も起こりうる?ただ、私は西洋史出身です)、迷っております。古文書の読める翻訳者はどれくらいいるのでしょうか?皆さんはどう思われますか?

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 22:33
English to Thai
+ ...
My Ph.D. graduation thesis Dec 1, 2015

Takkim wrote:

歴史・アート関係の翻訳を中心に受けています。先日受けた問い合わせでは、江戸時代の浮世絵に記された文字の解読および翻訳を頼まれました。作者名や題名のような短い分量ではなく、こま絵と呼ばれる、枠組みの中に書かれた長い文章です。一部は分かってもとても全文は解読できず、大学等に問い合わせた方が良いと思いますとアドバイスして、お断りしました。

このような古文の翻訳を依頼されたことはありますか?歴史・アート系の翻訳をする者としては、古文書の読み方も勉強した方が良いのか(こういう依頼は日本人翻訳者である以上、今後も起こりうる?ただ、私は西洋史出身です)、迷っております。古文書の読める翻訳者はどれくらいいるのでしょうか?皆さんはどう思われますか?

My Ph.D. graduation thesis from Japan was about Komonjo for history of technology. I am much surprised about old documents and Japanese's learning spirits.
I can advise on how to read Komonjo.

Soonthon L.

Parthkun
Parthkun
Japan
日本語ー古文書の解読・翻訳について Oct 6, 2016

以前、専門分野を細かく指定できる翻訳会社に翻訳を依頼したら、
専門の内容をかなり理解した翻訳が返ってきて驚いたことがあります。
古文書の対応については定かではないですが、数は結構いるのではないでしょうか。

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

日本語ー古文書の解読・翻訳について

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »