Thread poster: Dr. Andrew Hudson
Dr. Andrew Hudson
Dr. Andrew Hudson
United States
Local time: 11:57
Member (2013)
German to English
May 16, 2017

I'm getting the error message "The signature appears as confirmed in your document, but it has NOT been added to the translation memory!" And when I try to repair the TM (which has a lightning bolt by it) I get "The translation memory cannot be reindexed. [name of TM] Out of memory." Surely this can't be literally true—I've only had this TM for a year or so. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 19:57
German to Turkish
+ ...
"repair source"? May 16, 2017

Did you try the "repair source" option? I use memoQ 2015 and I am not familiar with the version you are using. But I believe that there is a same or similar functionality in all versions. You can access is via the translation memories screen.

Dr. Andrew Hudson
Dr. Andrew Hudson
United States
Local time: 11:57
Member (2013)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yes May 16, 2017

I use MemoQ 2015 and tried "Repair Resource" and it generated the above message ("The translation memory cannot be reindexed. Ot of memory")

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 18:57
German to English
+ ...
Try to restart your computer May 17, 2017

AndrewH712 wrote:

I use MemoQ 2015 and tried "Repair Resource" and it generated the above message ("The translation memory cannot be reindexed. Ot of memory")

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best ones. I received a similar message some time ago and it disappeared after restarting my PC. It wouldn't hurt to try:)

[Edited at 2017-05-17 12:37 GMT]

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
Local time: 17:57
English to Russian
+ ...
Export to TMX May 17, 2017

Try to export your TM into TMX. Then create a new project and try to import it back.
But if you can't export it, than you are in trouble

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:57
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Memory leak May 17, 2017

I find MemoQ is occasionally subject to memory leaks which fill the RAM and give various "out of memory" errors. The solution I find is usually to close and restart MemoQ. If your work appears in the target text you should not lose it by closing MemoQ, it should restart where you left off. Then you can select all (Ctrl+Shift+A) and commit all to the TM (Ctrl+Enter).

gfichter
gfichter  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:57
English
+ ...
Are you running 64-bit version? Jun 18, 2017

I have noticed that some translator colleagues are running the 32 bit version without realizing it.

This might not solve your immediate problem, but it could help prevent similar problems in the future:

Until recently, the default memoQ icon started up the 32 bit version, which is not a good idea if you have a 64 bit machine. In the past, I always deleted the default memoQ icon and created one for the 64 bit version.

This is no longer an issue with MemoQ 8.x, but
... See more
I have noticed that some translator colleagues are running the 32 bit version without realizing it.

This might not solve your immediate problem, but it could help prevent similar problems in the future:

Until recently, the default memoQ icon started up the 32 bit version, which is not a good idea if you have a 64 bit machine. In the past, I always deleted the default memoQ icon and created one for the 64 bit version.

This is no longer an issue with MemoQ 8.x, but it is still a good idea to check.

If you are running an older version, here is the explanation from Kilgray: "32-bit and 64-bit operating systems are both supported. ... By default, Windows will start the 32-bit version. After memoQ is installed, and you need to use the 64-bit version, open the Start menu or the Start screen, type memoQ, and then click memoQ 8 (x64) icon."

Version 8 installs one executable in Program Files (x86)\Kilgray\memoQ-8, and two sets of DLL's in subdirectories x86 for 32 bits, and x64 for 64 bits. MemoQ will pick the correct version automatically.

Hope this helps!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM Out of Memory MemoQ 7.8.161

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »