Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 20:01
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jun 13, 2016

I could install Office 2010 on my new laptop, but it seems the languages are restricted to English. From the support pages I learn the old language packages are not supported anymore for 2010. What are LIP-packages? I tried to find them, but cannot get anywhere. Do I need to buy a new office license?

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 19:01
English to German
LIPs are language packs Jun 13, 2016

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

What are LIP-packages?

Language Interface Packs – the animals you are looking for.

I tried to find them, but cannot get anywher

Just google for "language interface pack" + "office".

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:01
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
What are you trying to do? Jun 13, 2016

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Do-I-need-a-language-pack-Language-Accessory-Pack-LAP-or-a-Language-Interface-Pack-LIP-4548ec6b-6d0e-40aa-8780-7bbee9554e04?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 20:01
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I installed 2016 Jun 13, 2016

This is the link I was looking at, but there is nothing for German, Finnish or Swedish. I bought 2016 and now I have all languages at my use.
I understand that the people at Microsoft must make a living, and my 360 Euro payed back 6 years ago were well spent. Farewell Office 2010.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get more languages into Word?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »