ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:30
English to Italian
Jul 25, 2017

Dear all,
SDL Trados 2017 SR1 has been released.
It brings new features and you can find out more on our website:
http://www.sdltrados.com/products/trados-studio/service-releases.html

• New LookAhead feature providing users with instant translation hits, even from remote resources such as Machine Translation services or remote G
... See more
Dear all,
SDL Trados 2017 SR1 has been released.
It brings new features and you can find out more on our website:
http://www.sdltrados.com/products/trados-studio/service-releases.html

• New LookAhead feature providing users with instant translation hits, even from remote resources such as Machine Translation services or remote GroupShare servers. Any translation source will be more responsive during interactive translation with LookAhead.
• High number of enhancements to the new upLIFT technology in many areas to make more powerful, yet easier to use.
• Key enhancements for users in our Asian communities, with upLIFT now supporting Japanese and Chinese.
• Task assignments for GroupShare 2015 and 2017 projects can now be performed as part of the project wizard in Studio and saved in project templates, greatly enhancing the effectiveness of driving work through the Trados GroupShare collaboration platform.
• Machine Translation integration improvements;
• Wide range of updates to many file types, including a brand new beta release of a new file type generation for Microsoft PowerPoint with real-time preview;
• Language Cloud Terminology Beta – first ever release of the new cloud-based terminology offering, initially focussing on the translator persona – see below for more info;
• Enhanced user journey for Language Cloud overall;
• Thorough UI refresh in line with new SDL branding;
• Countless other enhancements and fixes, including a new telemetry back-end that will give us better insight on customer behaviour over time.

You will be able to access SDL Trados 2017 SR1 from our account portal: http://oos.sdl.com where you will find SR1 in the downloads.

Kind regards
Massimo @ SDL
Collapse

Gabrielle Parnes Garcia
Gabrielle Parnes Garcia
Local time: 05:30
French to English
+ ...
Thanks! Jul 25, 2017

Just downloaded it this morning. Looking forward to discovering the new features.

Gitte Hoveds (X)
Gitte Hoveds (X)
Denmark
Local time: 11:30
Danish to English
+ ...
How about a quick video showing improvements? Jul 26, 2017

I welcome any update to Studio and MultiTerm but haven't got the patience to read through the long release notes.

How about a quick video run-through showing the improvements?

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Blog post Jul 26, 2017

Gitte Hovedskov wrote:

I welcome any update to Studio and MultiTerm but haven't got the patience to read through the long release notes.

How about a quick video run-through showing the improvements?

I wrote a blog post on the new features. It's quick to browse through and has screenshots. Not the same as a video but it might be useful:
https://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2017/07/26/studio-2017-sr1/

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
My favourite little bug Jul 26, 2017

I'm glad you've kept my favourite little bug (the one where you can't add more than one autosuggest dictionary at a time using shift and/or ctrl; instead you have to add each dictionary separately): I've grown quite attached to it.

Olly

ghislandi
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Webinar Jul 26, 2017

Hello,
thanks for the feedback on the video.
We have a webinar scheduled on the new feature. Hopefully that might help.
http://www.sdltrados.com/events/webinars/2017/august/introducing-studio-2017-service-release-1.html

Ciao
Massi

Gitte Hoveds (X)
Gitte Hoveds (X)
Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
Thanks, Massi Jul 27, 2017

ghislandi wrote:

Hello,
thanks for the feedback on the video.
We have a webinar scheduled on the new feature. Hopefully that might help.
http://www.sdltrados.com/events/webinars/2017/august/introducing-studio-2017-service-release-1.html

Ciao
Massi

I will look forward to the webinar.

Laurence Benoit
Laurence Benoit
France
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
To slow ! Jul 30, 2017

I've just install it but can't work. It is very slow. I'm working and a word document 3500 words and empty TM… Somebody can help ?

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Really slow Jul 30, 2017

Installation of SR1 has really slowed down the work; I have turned down the LookAhead feature but it doesn't help much);
also there are some unpleasant bugs (e.g. smart quote replacement stopped working completely, no matter if the project is old or new - the quotation marks aren't replaced automatically anymore).

Any chance to correct these issues soon?

Yolande Hivart
Yolande Hivart
Austria
Member (2016)
German to French
Migration of TM Jul 31, 2017

So far the new SR1 has wasted more of my time that it saved me. I mostly get TM on .tmx format and now it takes 2 to 3 times longer to migrate them and start my project. This new analysis feature means that trados might get stuck on a big TM (250 k entries) for more than half an hour before i can get a first glance onto the project. Time that trados is keeping on my screen not even allowing to reduce the window. I don't need that extra stuff, i just want to use my TM.

ghislandi
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Update Jul 31, 2017

Hello
I have passed your comments to our support / customer experience team and they should reply back...
If you feel you have issues with the release you can also contact our LiveChat
http://sdl.com/chat

Ciao
M

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
It will take longer... Jul 31, 2017

Haneder wrote:

So far the new SR1 has wasted more of my time that it saved me. I mostly get TM on .tmx format and now it takes 2 to 3 times longer to migrate them and start my project. This new analysis feature means that trados might get stuck on a big TM (250 k entries) for more than half an hour before i can get a first glance onto the project. Time that trados is keeping on my screen not even allowing to reduce the window. I don't need that extra stuff, i just want to use my TM.

Hi,

The upgrade TM feature has had two things added to it and this cannot be disabled (I think it needs an option in the future):

1. Reindexing the TM
2. Preparing for UpLift

The second thing could take a while as it carries out an alignment at subsegment level throughout your TM and adds them to your TM so they are available for fragment matching.

So it will take longer than before. What you can do to work around this is create a new TM and then import your TMX. That won't run the alignment or the reindex process and you can decide yourself whether you wish to do this.

Regards

Paul
Why not try the new SDL Community

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:30
English to Russian
Merge SDLXLIFF Aug 1, 2017

ghislandi,
As a topic starter, could you please also convey to SDL guys if they plan anything for merging/splitting sdlxliff files?
Neither Studio itself, nor Split/MergeSDLXLIFF application (with Studio 2017) cannot do that at the moment (let me know if I miss something). For now, I have to use a third-party CAT tool to glue multiple files.
Thank you.

ghislandi
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Merging Aug 1, 2017

Hi Stepan,
thanks for the feedback.
Paul is looking into this and whether we have an idea on our community for it and will comment back.
Kind regards
Massi

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 12:30
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Why do we still need to select exactly 5 languages? Aug 2, 2017

Is there a technical reason why we still need to select exactly 5 languages after every single update, no matter how small?

I only want English, French, Greek. Who thought of this limitation? How many translators do you know that work with exactly five languages? Are they a majority? I'm afraid not. So, please remove this frustrating limitation.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2017 SR1 is live

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »