Error message: A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or ... must be available to run Wordfast4.
Thread poster: Zuzana Sucha
Zuzana Sucha
Zuzana Sucha  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:10
Member (2004)
English to Czech
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Apr 12, 2017

I downloaded the WF Pro 4 recently and when I try to open the file I am getting this message:

A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Wordfast4. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations:jre\bin\javaw.exe

Please, help. thanks

Susan

Jan Truper
Jan Truper  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
Install Java Apr 12, 2017

You need to have Java installed on your computer in order to run WFP. See here:

https://java.com/en/download/help/windows_manual_download.xml

Zuzana Sucha
Member (2004)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
I have got Java Apr 12, 2017

Yes, I have got Java installed on my computer and I did a manual update of Java when I tried to solve the problem.

There is a similar question on Oracle site with some kind of solution but I have no courage to touch the settings. It might be safer to install WF4 again??

thanks

Zuzana Sucha
Member (2004)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Problem solved Apr 12, 2017

Re-installed WF, looks ok now. Thanks anyway.

Susan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message: A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or ... must be available to run Wordfast4.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »