Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66] >
Off topic: 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing
Thread poster: Renquan Yang
jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:53
Member (2005)
Chinese to English
看看现在新闻的标题都怎么写 Apr 13, 2008

http://news.wenxuecity.com/messages/200804/news-gb2312-567161.html

乍一看以为诺奖也在闹双包。

[Edited at 2008-04-13 08:18]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:53
English to Chinese
+ ...
You shouldn’t re-post a hidden posting Apr 13, 2008

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

The following posting is hidden from public view at http://www.proz.com/topic/100771?start=138

The original posting number was http://www.proz.com/post/827396#827396

何止无可非议? April 6, 3:54am

Posting invisible to site users

Can anyone explain why this posting is hidden from site users' view? To anyone who understands the reasons why, I advise, for your own survival just keep quiet, make a copy of this posting for later reference, and find your own way to achieve your safety, security and profitability, without betraying your beliefs in humanity.

[Edited at 2008-04-13 09:20]

Wenjer,

From my point of view, since your posting was hidden from site users' view, there must be a reason. If you do not agree with the moderator’s decision, you should submit a support request ticket. You should not post it here again. That’s not an appropriate way to express your opinions.

Steve said, “Perhaps, Wenjer doesn’t know well enough about the situations in the USA - having different opinions from some of the policies of the government does not mean not loving this country, not to mention that the US government essentially didn’t make an official statement in public about the recent riot in Tibet”. I totally agree with him. If you groundlessly accuse other members of having their hatred towards the USA on this forum, it may cause a great conflict. It could be considered as a violation of the site rules. This might be one of the reasons why your posting was hidden. Of course, that’s my personal opinion only. You should go to the management for an explanation. That’s why I strongly urge you to submit a support request ticket.

[Edited at 2008-04-13 22:41]

isahuang
isahuang
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dr. Li, 這首歌出來已經有年頭了 Apr 13, 2008

Libin PhD wrote:

这两天在看芙蓉姐夫 FlashMV。歌词很好玩。

我是芙蓉姐夫,每天每夜想哭
老婆臭名昭著,不行我也出书
我是芙蓉姐夫,每天每夜受苦
老婆身材像猪,也有男人追逐

redred wrote:

isahuang wrote:

我这几天还真得很期盼看文哲的帖子,那种期盼的心情就跟当年网民期待着看芙蓉姐姐差不多。虽说文哲帖子长了点,但如果挑重点看,也挺有看头的。

噢,原来芙蓉姐姐还菲声国际,她的影响力很大呀,已达预期目的。

[Edited at 2008-04-13 02:23]

第一次聼的時候,我也覺得這個詞太妙了,那句“不行我也出書”,估計得像袁兄那樣的人,才能寫出來。

對了,記得你以前好像提過,你女兒從沃頓畢業了,真讓人羡慕,應該有望超過你前些日子提到的那個在華爾街工作的中國人。

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 16:53
English to Chinese
+ ...
Already done. Apr 13, 2008

Should there be any questions about my English translation of the contents of the posting, I welcome everyone to pick on it. The above reposting is just for colleagues' reference.

Yueyin Sun wrote:

You should submit a support request ticket

[Edited at 2008-04-13 15:46]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
No English version is necessary here Apr 13, 2008

No English version is necessary for your stated purpose since all the colleagues here could understand Chinese very well unless you want to invite some non-Chinese speakers to join the discussion. Again, this is too political and will cause a great conflict. It looks like you are playing the political cards which will not be allowed by the site rules, I believe.
Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

Should there be any questions about my English translation of the contents of the posting, I welcome everyone to pick on it. The above reposting is just for colleagues's reference.

Yueyin Sun wrote:

You should submit a support request ticket

[Edited at 2008-04-13 14:43]

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
English to Chinese
+ ...
No discussion intended Apr 13, 2008

Just as a reference for someones who do not understand Chinese well enough, but no discussion intended, even when you want to talk about it. I don't want to talk about it any further, anyway. No politics, please.

Yueyin Sun wrote:

No English version is necessary for your stated purpose since all the colleagues here could understand Chinese very well unless you want to invite some non-Chinese speakers to join the discussion. Again, this is too political and will cause a great conflict. It looks like you are playing the political cards which will not be allowed by the site rules, I believe.

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
No further comments in this regard Apr 13, 2008

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

Just as a reference for someones who do not understand Chinese well enough, but no discussion intended, even when you want to talk about it. I don't want to talk about it any further, anyway. No politics, please.

Yueyin Sun wrote:

Angus Woo
Angus Woo
Chinese to English
+ ...
我說中文,可免引起歧意,我有時候用英文沒有其他的意思。 Apr 13, 2008

Shang wrote:

同感。本人从来不支持这件事。但既然要做,就不要怕别人狂吠。

这里有两个问题。一个是中国人不自信,凡事自己做得好不好要鬼佬评判,非常滑稽可笑,其实自己该做啥做啥,人家爱来不来,你不来我还省了接待费,何乐而不为。这也反映了中国人的陋习:凡事要有人捧场,容不得别人说三道四。政府挟洋自重,久而久之全国人民都这样。

另一个问题是西方人集体患了狂想症,凡是跟China有关的东西都是不好的,都是批判的对象。说到底,不外乎两个原因,其一是嫉妒,自以为高人一等的家伙被东方人超越,心里当然不是滋味。另外一个原因是惧怕,西方大国都是当年八国联军的一分子,谁不怕中国强大起来跟他们算帐?(暂且不说到底会不会跟他们算总账。)做贼心虚,这是所有人的共性。

政府在处理公共关系方面太幼稚,也可以说固守过去的做法。Sars事件被批,灾难事件总算不压制了,但涉及到社会/民族安全的问题总想一手遮天,结果闹出这么多事情来无法收拾。要是不禁止媒体去西藏采访,根本就不会出现这样的局面,让西方死一两个记者,他们就知道怎么回事儿了,根本用不着你解释什么。对于像CNN那样的卑劣做法,把它的所有节目砍了,看它还敢不敢胡说八道。说到底,政府无能!

狂想症的說法有商榷的餘地,歐洲人經歷過兩次世界大戰。德國就是經濟上強大,但政治上封閉。希特勒不是憑空而降的,而是因其特定的環境誕生的。他極度鼓吹民粹,也搞過多次公投,後人將很多錯誤都歸結在他的身上並不公道,其實很多是經過公投的,雖然政府要操控人民的思想,但人民也要負責一定的責任。

中國現在經濟日漸強大,但政治封閉人所共知,一但這種國力被用來向外界展示,則沒有國內的聲音和輿論進行制止。美國攻打伊拉克不同政治力量要反覆進行政治博弈,但鄧公攻打越南就僅僅是小圈子開會就決定了。當一個人懂了武功,但沒有武德制約的時候,是有可能出現惡性的結果的。這也是西方人害怕的部份原因。在西方人的眼裡,他們的未來是不能夠僅僅依靠中國口頭的善意之上的。他們要做到的,不是中國是否能夠和平崛起,而是中國除了和平崛起沒有第二種選擇。不是你承諾會不會,而是從能力上你做不做得到。

政府處理危機的作法確實幼稚。這點完全同意。本來自己有道理的事情,只要繼續允許那些記者在當地採訪,就不會這麼多的批評之聲。西方的政治人物是需要對自己的選民交代的,如果有很多選民認為自己的國家在與一個侵犯了人權的國家交往時應該有保留,那麼即使是最理想化的政客也是要考慮的。

不要將海外的一切批評都當作對國家和民族的攻擊。如果華人不喜歡這屆美國政府那種唯我獨尊的態度,那麼我們對海外的批評也應當客觀分析,看是否有道理。如果我們做不到這一點,那麼不過是我們雖然不喜歡美國人這麼做,但我們做卻沒有問題,雙重標準而已。
==================================================================

moderator 建議說些其他話題, 政治討論就暫時放一旁吧.

[Edited at 2008-04-14 01:19]

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:53
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Let's try to think more about the Olympic spirit. Apr 13, 2008

Hello, Shang, Angus and all

Let's try to think more about the Olympic spirit and what China can do to make the Olympic Games in Beijing a success. I was thinking to go Beijing and serve as a volunteer interpreter. There are many wonderful stories and historical facts that are interesting to talk about. Hope the spirit of Olympic Games can iron out the differences among us. If not, I hope that we still can see the positive things that can come out of it.

Kevin

Libin PhD
Libin PhD  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
这样啊,我最近才听到 Apr 13, 2008

这样啊,我是听说芙蓉姐姐要退出娱乐圈了,最近才听到的。

是的,我女儿5月17号、18号毕业典礼,一天是学校的庆祝活动,一天是她们商学院的,准备十六号去她那儿。要做到上次说到那个中国人那么好恐怕不可能,不过她有了一条好路子,她的一辈子我也就放心了,她六月份去伦敦培训,然后回到纽约上班。

她两年前谈了一个男朋友,也是她们沃顿的�
... See more
这样啊,我是听说芙蓉姐姐要退出娱乐圈了,最近才听到的。

是的,我女儿5月17号、18号毕业典礼,一天是学校的庆祝活动,一天是她们商学院的,准备十六号去她那儿。要做到上次说到那个中国人那么好恐怕不可能,不过她有了一条好路子,她的一辈子我也就放心了,她六月份去伦敦培训,然后回到纽约上班。

她两年前谈了一个男朋友,也是她们沃顿的,比她早两年毕业,现在已经工作了,圣诞节她们回到她母亲那儿,听他母亲说,这个男孩还比较实在,有天早上起床后,她母亲问他,你们今天干什么呀?他说,我也不知道,Sonya(我女儿的名字)叫我干什么就干什么。我说,一个大小伙子怎么这样没主见啊,不过,也还有点可爱,看来不大会欺负我女儿。

isahuang wrote:

Libin PhD wrote:

这两天在看芙蓉姐夫 FlashMV。歌词很好玩。

我是芙蓉姐夫,每天每夜想哭
老婆臭名昭著,不行我也出书
我是芙蓉姐夫,每天每夜受苦
老婆身材像猪,也有男人追逐

redred wrote:

isahuang wrote:

我这几天还真得很期盼看文哲的帖子,那种期盼的心情就跟当年网民期待着看芙蓉姐姐差不多。虽说文哲帖子长了点,但如果挑重点看,也挺有看头的。

噢,原来芙蓉姐姐还菲声国际,她的影响力很大呀,已达预期目的。

[Edited at 2008-04-13 02:23]

第一次聼的時候,我也覺得這個詞太妙了,那句“不行我也出書”,估計得像袁兄那樣的人,才能寫出來。

對了,記得你以前好像提過,你女兒從沃頓畢業了,真讓人羡慕,應該有望超過你前些日子提到的那個在華爾街工作的中國人。

[Edited at 2008-04-13 18:00]
Collapse

isahuang
isahuang
English to Chinese
+ ...
其实中国人还有政府都不必对批评太紧张 Apr 13, 2008

Bin Tiede wrote:

Shang wrote:

另一个问题是西方人集体患了狂想症,凡是跟China有关的东西都是不好的,都是批判的对象。

二战以后,直到80年代末90年代初,西方“民主国家”在意识行态领域就一直在与社会主义阵营对抗。社会主义阵营的国家就是独裁、专政和镇压。这种思想在西方已经深入人心。在某些西方人眼里,中国仍然是一个共产主义的红色政权;仍然是他们的敌人。所以他们的媒体在报道中国时有意无意总有敌对倾向。以德国媒体为例,他们在报道北爱尔兰共和军和西班牙巴斯克分裂组织时与报道中国西藏问题的出发点就完全不同。可以这样说,他们已经被洗脑了。

西方言论自由,什么样的声音都有。各种各样的批评言论满天飞。没必要overreact。更没必要把批评看成是对国家、民族的侮辱。

Angus Woo
Angus Woo
Chinese to English
+ ...
Bravo! Apr 14, 2008

isahuang wrote:

西方言论自由,什么样的声音都有。各种各样的批评言论满天飞。没必要overreact。更没必要把批评看成是对国家、民族的侮辱。

Shang
Shang
China
English to Chinese
不好意思 Apr 14, 2008

Kevin Yang wrote:

Hello, Shang, Angus and all

Let's try to think more about the Olympic spirit and what China can do to make the Olympic Games in Beijing a success. I was thinking to go Beijing and serve as a volunteer interpreter. There are many wonderful stories and historical facts that are interesting to talk about. Hope the spirit of Olympic Games can iron out the differences among us. If not, I hope that we still can see the positive things that can come out of it.

Kevin

看到上面的文字就想说两句,结果扯远了,就此打住。同意isahuang的看法,有不同的声音并不是坏事,只有一个声音就麻烦了,嘿嘿。

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2008 Olympic Games in Beijing

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »