https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/180559-anonymous_survey_ten_questions_for_translators.html

Anonymous Survey: Ten questions for translators
论题张贴者: mediamatrix (X)
mediamatrix (X)
mediamatrix (X)
Local time: 18:28
Spanish西班牙语译成English英语
+ ...
Sep 17, 2010

A 'survey' has appeared on the proz.com homepage today.

There is no indication of who is asking the questions, or why.

Can someone please clarify?

MediaMatrix

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 19:28
网站工作人员
ProZ.com survey Sep 17, 2010

Hi MediaMatrix,

That would be me. The why is to get some insight on a few different aspects of translator work.

I changed the the notice to read "ProZ.com survey" to better clarify. Thanks for pointing that out!

Jared

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
荷兰
Local time: 00:28
正式会员 (自2006)
English英语译成Afrikaans南非语
+ ...
@Jared Sep 17, 2010

Jared wrote:
The why is to get some insight on a few different aspects of translator work.

Question 3 should have "Don't know" option.

mediamatrix (X)
mediamatrix (X)
Local time: 18:28
Spanish西班牙语译成English英语
+ ...
主题发起人
Thanks Jared Sep 17, 2010

Jared wrote:
The why is to get some insight on a few different aspects of translator work.

OK - survey completed.

I hope you will share your newly-acquired 'insight' with everone here. You know - give and take ...?

MediaMatrix

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
网站工作人员
Fair enough Sep 17, 2010

mediamatrix wrote:

I hope you will share your newly-acquired 'insight' with everone here. You know - give and take ...?

MediaMatrix

Deal!

Jared

philgoddard
philgoddard
美国
German德语译成English英语
+ ...
. Sep 17, 2010

I looked at it yesterday and decided not to answer it because it was probably someone trying to sell me something rather than being genuinely interested in my opinions.

[Edited at 2010-09-17 20:29 GMT]

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
网站工作人员
Virtual conference session presenting the results from this and other surveys Sep 27, 2010

Hello all,

The results from the survey mentioned here, various others and other information gathered on a few issues affecting translators today will be presented and discussed in one of the sessions of the upcoming virtual conference on Thursday. See http://www.proz.com/translation3/freelance-translators/program/4822

Hope to see you all there.
... See more
Hello all,

The results from the survey mentioned here, various others and other information gathered on a few issues affecting translators today will be presented and discussed in one of the sessions of the upcoming virtual conference on Thursday. See http://www.proz.com/translation3/freelance-translators/program/4822

Hope to see you all there.

Jared
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anonymous Survey: Ten questions for translators

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »