Groupshare settings – am I missing something?
Thread poster: Jens Lindén
Jens Lindén
Jens Lindén  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:27
Member (2013)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 27, 2020

Groupshare projects are getting more and more common from one of my clients, but there's just a little issue with that: as a rule the project settings are much more limited, not to say non-existent in the Groupshare projects I receive, so I usually have to ask them to manually allocate a certain role to me for that specific project to make it look "normal".

With these extremely limited options, I can't for instance change the lookup settings for TMs, nor change the QA settings, nor
... See more
Groupshare projects are getting more and more common from one of my clients, but there's just a little issue with that: as a rule the project settings are much more limited, not to say non-existent in the Groupshare projects I receive, so I usually have to ask them to manually allocate a certain role to me for that specific project to make it look "normal".

With these extremely limited options, I can't for instance change the lookup settings for TMs, nor change the QA settings, nor use the "Any TM" feature. All TM adding options except for file-based are greyed out.

I suppose the idea is that the PjM makes the necessary settings for the job and that's that, but this is not in tune with how we work in practice, and that seems to rule out any freedom for experienced users, which of course can be relevant for very client-specific requirements, but disabling virtually all settings seems a pretty clumsy way to ensure this. Is this a common occurrence or do I have some obscure setting in my software that blocks the normal settings?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Groupshare settings – am I missing something?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »