Thread poster: Sue Davis
Sue Davis
Sue Davis  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:14
Member (2015)
French to English
Dec 11, 2020

I have recently installed Trados 2017 on a new computer. When I try to create a return package I get the message "Warning - The process cannot access the files because they are being used by another process." I then receive the error message "Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Trados is still installed on my old machine but has been deactivated. I have tried to create a return package with two different projects and could not do so, so I don't think it has to do with ... See more
I have recently installed Trados 2017 on a new computer. When I try to create a return package I get the message "Warning - The process cannot access the files because they are being used by another process." I then receive the error message "Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Trados is still installed on my old machine but has been deactivated. I have tried to create a return package with two different projects and could not do so, so I don't think it has to do with the project itself. I am certain neither of these projects was loaded into Trados on my old computer. Many thanks in advance for any help.Collapse

matt robinson
matt robinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:14
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Reset window design Dec 11, 2020

Something that has worked for me when receiving the same error message, although under diffferent circumstances, is "Restablecer diseño de la ventana" which can be found under "Ver" in Spanish versions, I think, although I am using an older version of the software.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2017 won't create return package

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »