Local time: 09:26
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not funny Jan 15, 2021

Hey Dan,

Good for you your mum is 80.
What I am trying to say is that all the suggestions have not solved the issue. I don't think is hard to understand. When I say "It did not help" it means just that. Nothing happens, zero result. Get it now? I bet your mother does.
Thanks anyway,

Ulrich Schramm

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:26
English to Russian
Got to elaborate, I guess... Jan 15, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:
Ok, then try to repair your Studio.

To repair Studio, go to Control Panel, select SDL Trados Studio, press Uninstall, then choose Repair option (not Uninstall).

* I agree with Dan. I feel the same way, but I didn't get enough courage to articulate that.
Did you try repairing?

[Edited at 2021-01-15 14:54 GMT]

euge bellini
euge bellini  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am opening a support ticket with SDL Jan 15, 2021

Thanks for your help.

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:26
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Language variant Jan 19, 2021

Hi Euge,
I'm not sure, but I recall having a strange problem like this and than I found out the language variant was set incorrectly (for me NL-BE, instead of NL-NL).

Worth trying, good luck,
Renée

Trang Luu
Trang Luu  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 23:26
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
I made the Find pop-up appear again Apr 27, 2021

Not sure if anyone else found the solution but here's mine: If you have more than one file (tab) open in the Editor, try moving to another file, then move back to the file you are currently working on. Then press Ctrl+F. Hopefully the Find window will appear like it did for me. The issue doesn't happen when I only open one file in the Editor, i.e. the Find window works normally, but when I open the second file it always happens and that's how I solve it.

Now I have a different probl
... See more
Not sure if anyone else found the solution but here's mine: If you have more than one file (tab) open in the Editor, try moving to another file, then move back to the file you are currently working on. Then press Ctrl+F. Hopefully the Find window will appear like it did for me. The issue doesn't happen when I only open one file in the Editor, i.e. the Find window works normally, but when I open the second file it always happens and that's how I solve it.

Now I have a different problem. When I search for some certain keywords, the message returns "No match found" but I could see that keyword right in front of my eyes, and I chose the correct option (source/target). (I tried searching to find all other instances of course). The filter function in Review tab found the segments containing that keyword but the Find function doesn't.

[Edited at 2021-04-27 01:43 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-04-27 01:47 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-04-27 01:48 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-04-27 01:49 GMT]
Collapse

Mary Teissier du Cros
Mary Teissier du Cros  Identity Verified
France
Member (2005)
French to English
I've been having the same problem and this is the solution that worked for me - thanks! Apr 30, 2021

James Plastow wrote:

I think the way to solve this is

1. Hover over the icon on the taskbar so you see the preview of the find and replace window
2. Right click on the preview window and select move
3. Press one of the arrow keys
4. Move your mouse

You should now see the find and replace window.

euge bellini
euge bellini  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem was solved with technical support Apr 30, 2021

Hi All,

Thanks for your input.

Unfortunately, the issue was not that. I had to contact SDL technical support and had a session in which the support representative had to delete, rename, among other stuff, several subfolders in the Roaming folder, so, nothing trivial, at least for me.
The issue with the hidden window also happened to me and was solved as described.

There seems to be a bug or something and the problems comes up every now and then, as wi
... See more
Hi All,

Thanks for your input.

Unfortunately, the issue was not that. I had to contact SDL technical support and had a session in which the support representative had to delete, rename, among other stuff, several subfolders in the Roaming folder, so, nothing trivial, at least for me.
The issue with the hidden window also happened to me and was solved as described.

There seems to be a bug or something and the problems comes up every now and then, as with the es_419 language in Hunspell. Same kind of workaround, also with technical support.

Hope it is fixed in upcoming releases.

Have a nice day!
Collapse

Ulrich Schramm

Marc Vansteenberge
Marc Vansteenberge  Identity Verified
France
Member (2019)
English to French
+ ...
It works, thanks a lot James!!! Aug 12, 2021

James Plastow wrote:

1. Hover over the icon on the taskbar so you see the preview of the find and replace window
4. Move your mouse

James Plastow

Min Xuanping
Min Xuanping  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 20:26
English to Chinese
+ ...
My problem is that the window does not show. Aug 13, 2021

I use Trados 2019 too. I clicked the Find/Replace function tag, and a window pops, but I found no where it is. The reason is I was using an extended display and I dragged the window to that display before. Now, I can only find the Find/Replace window with that display plugged in, but I am working remotely, how could I get it back to my laptop screen?

Min Xuanping
Min Xuanping  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 20:26
English to Chinese
+ ...
Use Office 2017 or lower, and reload your source file in the project Aug 13, 2021

The way I mentioned in the tag line solved many of my problems before. I hope it would help you to use Trados.

Danielle Sanchez
Danielle Sanchez  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:26
Member (2015)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Find/Replace not working from shortcut or ribbon Sep 12, 2021

Find/replace is not working. What I already tried to do:
1) It is not a hidden program problem, I tried the troubleshooting on SDL pages.
2) It is also not a problem of conflict on shortcuts (as suggested in some SDL community pages), there is only 1 shortcut using CRTL+F.
3) I also repaired the program, as suggested above, not working too.

Description of the problem:
When using the shortcut, the Find/Replace box does not appear at all (see below).
shortcut fr problem
When using the ribbon menu, clicking Find opens the same unresponsive box as above. When I click on the arrow at the right of Find, the options inside Find are greyed out (see below).
ribbon fr problem
My Find feature simply disappeared.

[Edited at 2021-09-12 11:45 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-09-12 11:46 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-09-12 11:48 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-09-12 11:51 GMT]

Anna Hjalmarsson
Anna Hjalmarsson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:26
Member (2015)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Same problem, this solution works! Oct 16, 2021

James Plastow wrote:

4. Move your mouse

Armine Abelyan
Armine Abelyan
Armenia
Local time: 16:26
English to Armenian
+ ...
Find and Replace : Resolved Mar 16, 2023

Dear all,
in fact I have had this problem since month.
During big projects it was a horror to work, then finally reading all the above comments, ya I understood, that in fact my F/R window was somewhere lost between the two monitors that I have bought recently.

What I have done to find my window of "Find and Replace that was shown at the bottom, near the taskbar but when clicking no reaction:

1. Click on your desktop and choose "Display settings".
... See more
Dear all,
in fact I have had this problem since month.
During big projects it was a horror to work, then finally reading all the above comments, ya I understood, that in fact my F/R window was somewhere lost between the two monitors that I have bought recently.

What I have done to find my window of "Find and Replace that was shown at the bottom, near the taskbar but when clicking no reaction:

1. Click on your desktop and choose "Display settings".
2. In case you will have two monitors and the order is like 1/2, change their place as 2 / 1.
3. You will soon see the "find and replace" window appearing.
4. Move that to the center to the screen to come back again to the previous order of your display screens like 1/2.

If this was not helpful, write me again, I will try to be helpful.

Best
Armine from Armenia
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:26
English to Russian
It does Mar 16, 2023

Danielle Sanchez wrote:
When using the shortcut, the Find/Replace box does not appear at all (see below).
shortcut fr problem
The picture below your message does show the Find/Replace box.

All you need to do is click the Find and Replace window thumbnail (the one in blue frame), then press Shift+Win+Arrow left or right or up (but not down because Shift+Win+Down will minimize the window) or their combinations several times. That's it.

[Edited at 2023-03-16 23:20 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Find/Replace problem again in Trados 2019

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »