Krista Roest
Krista Roest  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:42
Member (2015)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 24, 2020

I have received a xlf and tmx for translation, but I need to merge certain segments. I have already worked on the tmx and merged these segments, but in the xlf I can't merge anything. Split is not blocked. My PD has already unblocked the segments, but this has no effect.

Anyone?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Krista Jul 24, 2020

Krista Roest wrote:
I have already worked on the TMX file and merged these segments, but in the XLF file, I can't merge anything. Split is not blocked. My PD has already unblocked the segments, but this has no effect.

I assume "PD" mean "project manager". Or do you mean TransPerfect's Project Director job management system?

Which version of WFP are you having trouble with? Do you use a version installed on your computer, or are you using a browser-based version?

Krista Roest
Krista Roest  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2015)
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Version WF Pro 5 Jul 24, 2020

I use WF Pro 5 installed on my computer.
PD = PM (oops)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro: I can split but not merge segments

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »