Thread poster: MayNal
MayNal
MayNal
Local time: 08:12
English to Czech
+ ...
Jul 3, 2003

Dear friends,

I need an urnet help from you since I received a request from my client to do a translation and return it back in Unicode string. Could you please tell me what should be done and what questions about the project should I ask my client? It is a very unusual area for me and I have no idea what they are talking about. What should be charged for projects like this one? Should it be per word rate or is it something different? Any special software requirements?

... See more
Dear friends,

I need an urnet help from you since I received a request from my client to do a translation and return it back in Unicode string. Could you please tell me what should be done and what questions about the project should I ask my client? It is a very unusual area for me and I have no idea what they are talking about. What should be charged for projects like this one? Should it be per word rate or is it something different? Any special software requirements?

Thank you very much. You can also send me info on [email protected] since it is very difficult to monitor discussion on Proz.com

Thank you! Andrew
Collapse

SysfilterMaker
SysfilterMaker
Germany
Local time: 08:12
unicode Jul 4, 2003

there are different unicode types...

In Word (2000 or XP) you can "Save as" your document into some of them...

--> complete code page list: http://www.ecm-e.de/Serv_TXTKONV.htm (German only)

Unicode types:

Unicode
Java

Unicode
UCS2
ISO-10646-UCS2, UTF16

Unicode
Unicode Big-endian

... See more
there are different unicode types...

In Word (2000 or XP) you can "Save as" your document into some of them...

--> complete code page list: http://www.ecm-e.de/Serv_TXTKONV.htm (German only)

Unicode types:

Unicode
Java

Unicode
UCS2
ISO-10646-UCS2, UTF16

Unicode
Unicode Big-endian

Unicode

Unicode
Unicode Little-endian

Unicode
Unicode11-UCS2

Unicode
Unicode11-UTF7

Unicode
Unicode11-UTF8

Unicode

Unicode
UTF7

Unicode
UTF8

Unicode
UTF-EBCDIC

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation back in Unicode string

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »