TRADOS e-mail group and Project settings window problem
Thread poster: AQUENT
AQUENT
AQUENT
Local time: 15:40
English
Aug 19, 2003

Dear All,

I would like to ask you to help me to find a Trados e-mail group similar to Deja Vu one. Is there any and how I can subscribe to it? Thanks.

Other question is about some strange thing happening to my TMW. Every time I launch a TM a "Project settings and filters" window appears. Whatever I click after that (OK or Cancel) a TMW doesn't allow me to Import TM, Export TM, etc. I simply can not do that. Do you have any ideas on what is going on and what exactly I sh
... See more
Dear All,

I would like to ask you to help me to find a Trados e-mail group similar to Deja Vu one. Is there any and how I can subscribe to it? Thanks.

Other question is about some strange thing happening to my TMW. Every time I launch a TM a "Project settings and filters" window appears. Whatever I click after that (OK or Cancel) a TMW doesn't allow me to Import TM, Export TM, etc. I simply can not do that. Do you have any ideas on what is going on and what exactly I should do? Trados support team as useless as usual. THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!

PS. I am sure someone did something with the Project settings, etc. in my Trados, but I can not find what and where. I even reinstalled the software thinking it would help, but no success.

I use SLP 6. XP OS. I did change Options and no pop up menu come out when I start it. I created a new TM - and yes, when I do this I can import and export TMs, maintance, etc. BUT, as soon as I close and open it again, I CAN NOT do that.

Dear Ralf,

I posted a few comments, but they didn't went online so I am using some space here. Anyway, I wanted to THANK YOU! You were right - I didn't notice that it was not in Exclusive Mode. I opened TM through the network and didn't pay attention to it. I checked it with my colleague and found where the problems was.

THANK YOU and I will double check everything twice before crying out:)

[Edited at 2003-08-19 08:56]
Collapse

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
Try TW users.... Aug 19, 2003

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/

HTH

Alison

AQUENT
AQUENT
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 19, 2003

Alison Riddell-Kachur wrote:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/

HTH

Alison

Thank you! That is what I was looking for!

DEAR RALF,

I posted a few comments, but they didn't went online so I am using some space here. Anyway, I wanted to THANK YOU! You were right - I didn't notice that it was not in Exclusive Mode. I opened TM through the network and didn't pay attention to it. I checked it with my colleague and found where the problems was.

THANK YOU and I will double check everything twice before crying out:)

[Edited at 2003-08-19 08:56]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Please be more specific Aug 19, 2003

Hi Aquent,
Other question is about some strange thing happening to my TMW. Every time I launch a TM a "Project settings and filters" window appears. Whatever I click after that (OK or Cancel) a TMW doesn't allow me to Import TM, Export TM, etc. I simply can not do that. Do you have any ideas on what is going on and what exactly I should do?

Please be more specific: which version of Trados are you using (Freelance or LSP), and under which operating system?

I don't think the two issues are related. The Project Settings dialogue can be set to pop up automatically when opening a TM (Options - TM Options: Show Project Settings), so you don't forget to set them. This has nothing to do with import/export functions.

Have you tried creating an empty TM, and importing into it (the TM you're using could be write-protected)? If you're using the LSP version, have you opened the TM in Exclusive mode?

Trados support team as useless as usual.

...I take it you have a support contract?

Best regards, Ralf

AQUENT
AQUENT
English
TOPIC STARTER
trying Aug 19, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:
Please be more specific: which version of Trados are you using (Freelance or LSP), and under which operating system?

I use LSP.

[/quote]I don't think the two issues are related. The Project Settings dialogue can be set to pop up automatically when opening a TM (Options - TM Options: Show Project Settings), so you don't forget to set them. This has nothing to do with import/export functions.

Have you tried creating an empty TM, and importing into it (the TM you're using could be write-protected)? If you're using the LSP version, have you opened the TM in Exclusive mode?[/quote]

Yes, I did try - everything goes fine until I close a TM. So, what I did was - created a new one, import-export TMs (just checking), closed TM and reopened it...again the same problem...Project settings window appears, I close it...can not import-export again...Let me try it again... thanks for your help.

AQUENT
AQUENT
English
TOPIC STARTER
details Aug 19, 2003

Hi Ralf,

I use Trados 6 LSP. I did make everything and it didn't help. Someone did something with my tool. Just to be sure that we are clear - how do we open it in an Exclusive Mode?

Also, I do not want it to pop up every time I lounch a TM and it wasn't this way just yesterday. I have to say I am new to LSP (and I work with XP which makes it terrible for me). Ah well, have no idea what I am doing wrong:(

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS e-mail group and Project settings window problem

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »