Charlotte Langbeen
Charlotte Langbeen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:52
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
Aug 21, 2003

Every time I choose "set/close next open/get" in Trados, word displays the yellow 'target window/box' on the top of every page. I then have to scroll up to see the blue 'target window/box'. Can anyone help me here?

Thank you,
Charlotte

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:52
English to German
+ ...
More details, please Aug 21, 2003

Hi Charlotte,
I take it this occurs in Word (although you didn't specify that) - which Word version do you use (including service releases)? Does this occur when translating normal copy text, or in tables?

Thanks, Ralf

Charlotte Langbeen
United States
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Source window not in viewing Aug 21, 2003

Yes, it occurs in Word and I use Office XP (Microsoft Word 2002, 10.2627.2625)and it happens when I translate normal copy text.

lisevs
lisevs
Local time: 08:52
suggestion: show hidden text Aug 21, 2003

hope I understood your problem right

I think it is the same problem I have also experienced in some word-files. no idea what causes it. usually I solve it simply by checking " Show hidden text" in the options (or what ever it might be called in english versions). then the yellow source text fields are shown in the window together with the target text field.

hope this helps you

vh
lise

Joanne Parker
Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:52
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Check your layout view settings Aug 21, 2003

I think I've had the problem you describe before. It's not really a technical problem, more a user annoyance, right?

Check which layout view settings you're using (either using the View option in Word or the little icons at the bottom left of Word). I solved this problem by switching to a different view.

Hope this helps,

Joanne

Charlotte Langbeen
United States
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 21, 2003

Thank you both! That did the trick! Great! Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Source window not in viewing field

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »