Counting matches in already translated/segmented files
Thread poster: Kallisto
Kallisto
Kallisto
English to German
Jun 17, 2006

Dear Colleagues,
I have a question pertaining to already translated texts. I'm looking for a tool that would allow me to take a bunch of files and then get an analysis how many words are no matches, 25%-matches etc.
Does anyone know of such a tool?

Thanks

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:13
German to Croatian
+ ...
I'm moving the topic Jun 18, 2006

to CAT Tools Technical Help Forum

[Edited at 2006-06-18 06:29]

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 00:13
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Create an empty TM Jun 18, 2006

Hi Kallisto,
When I want to check files AFTER I have already done the translation, I open the original files, create an empty TM (or choose NO TM), and then run an analysis on these files.

It works for me.

Kallisto
Kallisto
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Counting segments in already translated files according to match value Jun 18, 2006

Hi Dinny,

good point, however, I do not have the original files. It is quite complex to explain. The only thing that I as the coordinator ever gets is the translated, segmented file as a word file. So, I'm looking for a macro that allows me to count texts and segments
according to match value.
Thanks, Gesine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Counting matches in already translated/segmented files

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »