Quick alignment for HTML?
Thread poster: Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Local time: 00:32
French to English
+ ...
Nov 1, 2006

Does anyone know whether there is a quick way to align a set of html files if they all have the same name but are in a different folder (thus aking it possible to quickly align a billingual website)? Obviously I wouldn't expect it to be able to align every sentence, but there must be a tool out there that can quickly do a rough alignment. There is a tool that does it for txt and doc files, so I'm sure there must be one for html.

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:32
English to Spanish
Heartsome TMX Editor Nov 1, 2006

Hi,

Heartsome TMX Editor has a project alignment feature that you can use to align a bilingual web site. The aligner generates either individual TMX files or a merged TMX file from all document pairs. You can correct alignment errors directly in the TMX Editor.

Best regards,
Rodolfo

Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but.... Nov 1, 2006

...unfortunately I can't get it to work properly. After configuring everything for a batch alignement, then clicking Align Files, I get [Fatal Error] 1:16 Open quote is expected for attribute "id" associated with an element type "ph". Then once I open it, all the accents have been turned into "Déjà Vu style" codes (that is, numbers in curly brackets). I've tried selecting a different encoding (although the one I originally selected is the one that appears in the source code of the files I'm a... See more
...unfortunately I can't get it to work properly. After configuring everything for a batch alignement, then clicking Align Files, I get [Fatal Error] 1:16 Open quote is expected for attribute "id" associated with an element type "ph". Then once I open it, all the accents have been turned into "Déjà Vu style" codes (that is, numbers in curly brackets). I've tried selecting a different encoding (although the one I originally selected is the one that appears in the source code of the files I'm aligning), but the same thing has happened.Collapse

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:32
English to Spanish
Contatct tech support Nov 1, 2006

Hi,

Send a sample file to [email protected] and ask for help. You will get assistance in less than 24 hours. Perhaps you have a problem that can be solved easily.

Regards,
Rodolfo

David Turner
David Turner  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Import into DVX and export as an External View? Nov 21, 2006

Timothy Barton wrote:

Does anyone know whether there is a quick way to align a set of html files if they all have the same name but are in a different folder (thus aking it possible to quickly align a billingual website)? Obviously I wouldn't expect it to be able to align every sentence, but there must be a tool out there that can quickly do a rough alignment. There is a tool that does it for txt and doc files, so I'm sure there must be one for html.

I guess you could import the source html files into DVX so as to effectively roll them into a single file, copy the source over to the target side and export to External View as an rtf or html file. Then, in another project, import the target html files into DVX, copy the source side to the target side again and do another External View as a different rtf or html file. You could then either overwrite the target side of the EV from the first project by one of the columns of the EV of the second project and import back into the first DVX project, checking accept all changes, or align one of the columns of the first EV (source) with one of the columns of the second EV (target) in a DVX alignment project.

David Turner

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quick alignment for HTML?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »