Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
ProZ.com Convention 2004: OFFICIAL PROGRAM (and suggestions...)
Thread poster: gianfranco
Laura Vinti
Laura Vinti  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:41
German to Italian
+ ...
How about Marketing Strategies for freelancers? Oct 18, 2004

I am not sure whether I should have posted this here, but I think it would be great for lots of us to get the chance to exchange experiences on this (of course, if someone would feel competent enough to give a talk on this topic, that would be even better).
Thanks,
Laura

P.S. This might be combined with Salvora's proposal.

[Edited at 2004-10-18 08:29]

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:41
Swedish to English
+ ...
Session on PDF files: getting blood out of a stone Oct 25, 2004

Post here your proposals
Any participant can post in this thread suggestions and proposals.

A session on the options for handling PDF files (something I have had to research recently). Many translators have evolved some sort of solution, but there is more to this problem than meets the eye. Did you know you can email your PDF problem?

Anyone interested? Contactme via Proz.

[Edited at 2004-10-25 20:52]

Peter Cox
Peter Cox  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:41
Italian to English
CAT tools Nov 5, 2004

I would be interested in discussion on the advantages and disadvantages (excluding price) of the variety of CAT tools available

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Proposal: Interpreters and their tools Nov 5, 2004

I would like to propose a session on techniques the interpreters use to prepare themselves for an assignment. Examples could include use of software to create field specific glossaries, use of palmtops, handling reference materials received, preparing yourself to an assignment where no reference material is available, and so on.

Everybody who would be interested to share their experience, please contact me via my profile.

Best,
Magda

Judith Schmid
Judith Schmid
France
English to German
Tax issues for UK based freelancers Nov 6, 2004

I cannot find "Tax issues for UK based freelancers" on the programme sent out today. Is this talk going to take place or not and will it be Saturday or Sunday?

Thanks
Judith

[quote]Gianfranco Manca wrote:

The program is still under refinement in terms of its exact content, rooms allocation and time slots, but we have already ensured the following:

Tax issues for UK based freelancers
A representative of a tax consultancy firm will talk about tax legislation and issues relevant to freelancer translators based in the UK.
A brief session with questions and answers will follow.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com Convention 2004: OFFICIAL PROGRAM (and suggestions...)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »