Cedomir Pusica  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 07:35
Member (2009)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Dec 24, 2012

Hi all,

I just wanted to share this great blog entry by Seth Godin, one of the marketing gurus whose posts I like to follow.

See more
Hi all,

I just wanted to share this great blog entry by Seth Godin, one of the marketing gurus whose posts I like to follow.

http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2012/12/true-professionals-dont-fear-amateurs.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:%20typepad/sethsmainblog%20(Seth's%20Blog)

Regards,

Cedomir
Collapse

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:35
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Wise words: Dec 24, 2012

''If you're upset that the hoi polloi are busy doing what you used to do, get better instead of getting angry.''

Thanks for sharing!

Oksana Weiss
Oksana Weiss  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2011)
German to English
+ ...
Well said! Dec 24, 2012

"The best professionals love it when a passionate amateur shows up."
How true:)
Thanks for sharing, Cedomir!

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
Too facile for me Dec 27, 2012

Too many clichés for my liking and a tat patronising. How about just helping each other out and moving forwards as an industry. There is room for everyone on this ship.

Cedomir Pusica
Cedomir Pusica  Identity Verified
Serbia
Member (2009)
English to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
General advice Dec 27, 2012

I am happy that you liked this blog post. It is, however, not related to any specific industry as such, but I found it quite applicable to ours (although many dispute that such thing as translation industry does not exist).

Seth Godin is a motivational writer, an artist, a marketer - someone who loves the art of selling the ideas, who loves what he does and seeks to inspire others to do the work that matters.

Additionally, he believes in giving to others and claims that
... See more
I am happy that you liked this blog post. It is, however, not related to any specific industry as such, but I found it quite applicable to ours (although many dispute that such thing as translation industry does not exist).

Seth Godin is a motivational writer, an artist, a marketer - someone who loves the art of selling the ideas, who loves what he does and seeks to inspire others to do the work that matters.

Additionally, he believes in giving to others and claims that the more he gave, the more he received. You may look at this from a philosophical point of view as well - help other fellow translators grow the industry, claim prestige or whatever it is you want to achieve.

Best,

Cedomir
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

True professionals don't fear amateurs

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »