Pagine:   < [1 2]
Poll: When was the last time you updated your CV?
Iniziatore argomento: ProZ.com Staff
Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italia
Local time: 06:42
Membro (2009)
Da Inglese a Tedesco
+ ...
Why a CV at all? May 30, 2023

Firstly. Are you looking for regular employment?

Michele Fauble
Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
Stati Uniti
Local time: 21:42
Membro (2006)
Da Norvegese a Inglese
+ ...
Sharenting May 31, 2023

Ice Scream wrote:

Mr. Satan wrote:
Do you know how many psychos on the loose out there?

Hardly any.

If a potential client asked me how old my children are, I’d contact both the FBI and the Interpol.

How could sharing that information possibly cause anybody any harm?

What does it have anything to do with my candidacy as a contractor, anyway?

Nothing, I agree.

UK civil service job applications do not include your name, age, gender or location, or the dates or employers for your previous jobs. Well meaning, but ridiculous.

“The phenomenon of parents putting information about their children online has come to be known as “sharenting.””

“Last month, the UK Children’s Commissioner released a report called “Who Knows About Me?” illuminating the ways in which we collect and share children’s data and how that might put them at risk in the future.”

“ According to the UK report, Barclays has forecast that by 2030 "sharenting" will account for 2/3 of identity fraud, costing hundreds of millions of dollars a year. With just a name, date of birth, and address (easy enough to find in a geotagged birthday party photo on Facebook, for example), bad actors can store this information until a person turns 18 and then begin opening accounts.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jessicabaron/2018/12/16/parents-who-post-about-their-kids-online-could-be-damaging-their-futures/?sh=4b7fea7f27b7

Christopher Schröder
Mr. Satan (X)

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Paesi Bassi
Local time: 06:42
Membro (2006)
Da Inglese a Afrikaans
+ ...
@Michele May 31, 2023

Michele Fauble wrote:
Samuel Murray wrote:
I understand that it is often excluded in some other cultures.

Because it ... shouldn’t be ... relevant.

Okay, but I don't my résumé to make the world a better place. I use it to attract clients.

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
Regno Unito
Membro (2011)
Da Svedese a Inglese
+ ...
Old news Jun 1, 2023

Michele Fauble wrote:
“ According to the UK report, Barclays has forecast that by 2030 "sharenting" will account for 2/3 of identity fraud, costing hundreds of millions of dollars a year. With just a name, date of birth, and address (easy enough to find in a geotagged birthday party photo on Facebook, for example), bad actors can store this information until a person turns 18 and then begin opening accounts.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jessicabaron/2018/12/16/parents-who-post-about-their-kids-online-could-be-damaging-their-futures/?sh=4b7fea7f27b

Have you tried opening a bank account recently? Talk about jumping through hoops.

And the reason for that (other than AML) is because that kind of fraud is a problem for the banks, not the customer.

People are unnecessarily paranoid about their children (and most other things) these days IMO.

Pagine:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatore(i) di questo Forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: When was the last time you updated your CV?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »