Shahid Mahmood
Shahid Mahmood
India
Local time: 03:51
English to Hindi
+ ...
May 18

BEWARE! BE AWARE!
Dear all, please read the following story, I myself the victim of this.
I receive an email “(I hope this email finds you well. My name is Roy Petros, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwell Press Publications, a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing.
I recently came across your contact information on TranslatorDirectory, a platform that
... See more
BEWARE! BE AWARE!
I receive an email “(I hope this email finds you well. My name is Roy Petros, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwell Press Publications, a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing.
I recently came across your contact information on TranslatorDirectory, a platform that we hold in high regard. As we are currently seeking highly skilled freelancers who can provide translation and proofreading services to give a final polish to a document that is soon to be published. We would like to inquire about your availability and interest in taking on a new translation project with (InkwellPressPublications.com). Your expertise and skills would be a valuable addition to our team, and we believe that your contributions would greatly benefit our ongoing and upcoming projects. If you are open to discussing this opportunity further, please let us know your availability for a follow-up discussion. We would be happy to provide more details about the project and answer any questions you may have regarding the collaboration. Thank you for considering this opportunity with us. We look forward to the possibility of working together and leveraging your talents for our mutual success.)”
He wanted to get a report about 30,000 words on Women's Health Agenda translated into Urdu. He sent me pdf of project along with guidelines. When I finished the project and sent him they appreciate me and gave me an email [email protected] and told me to send at this. I sent the project to the email provided, then they sent me a link www.oakmadok.org and told me to create an account on given website then contact any Mr. David James https://t.me/Davidj1231 on telegram, after creating an account I contact Mr. David they debited amount on oakmadok quickly.
But the real game begins here. When I tried to withdraw money, I found out that it was a fake website. When I clicked on withdraw asked to provide IBT code, I contacted David for the code they asked me $250 for this. I tried for wire transfer there is first and mandatory dropdown ‘select the bank’ but that list is empty.
The purpose of this detailed discussion is that scammers have now started targeting freelancers, so we all need to be careful.
Collapse

Igor Galiouk
Dalia Nour
Nadeem Khan
karen cantin
Abdulbary Hreiz
Khairuddin Ayubzai
Montasser Mahmoud

Dler Piran
Dler Piran  Identity Verified
Iraq
Local time: 01:21
Member (2023)
English to Kurdish
+ ...
I have received a similar email a while ago May 20

A while ago, I received a very similar email from some Maha Khaled from Middle East Gates. Honestly, I didn't reply to her because I was was very doubtful about the authenticity of the offer.
This is the email.
https://res.cloudinary.com/proz/image/upload/v1716191391/ovpivyfbkej5dtgbhreb.jpg

Igor Galiouk
Shahid Mahmood
Montasser Mahmoud
Gebreamlak Desta
Translation Agency "Mankent", LLP
Aletia Ollewagen
shireen ganem

langstrait
langstrait
India
Chinese to English
+ ...
I also got scammed by Inkwell publications May 21

This was the email I received. I worked hard.
Emails associated: [email protected]; [email protected]
Dear, Dr. Mohammad Jilani

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Roy Petros, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwell Press Publications,
... See more
This was the email I received. I worked hard.
Emails associated: [email protected]; [email protected]
Dear, Dr. Mohammad Jilani

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Roy Petros, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwell Press Publications, a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing.

I recently came across your contact information on TranslatorDirectory, a platform that we hold in high regard. As we are currently seeking highly skilled freelancers who can provide translation and proofreading services to give a final polish to a document that is soon to be published.

We would like to inquire about your availability and interest in taking on a new translation project with (InkwellPressPublications.com). Your expertise and skills would be a valuable addition to our team, and we believe that your contributions would greatly benefit our ongoing and upcoming projects.

If you are open to discussing this opportunity further, please let us know your availability for a follow-up discussion. We would be happy to provide more details about the project and answer any questions you may have regarding the collaboration.

Thank you for considering this opportunity with us. We look forward to the possibility of working together and leveraging your talents for our mutual success.
Collapse

Shahid Mahmood
Montasser Mahmoud
Aletia Ollewagen
Ismael Saleh

Alexander Slyzhov
Alexander Slyzhov  Identity Verified
Armenia
Local time: 02:21
Member (2014)
English to Russian
Got this scam in my email too May 22

The email is quite the same. Here is some contact info that got into my inbox:

Name: Anderson James
Email: [email protected]

Telegram: @Anderjames0933
Skype ID: live:.cid.759e0ff37e4c22e6

Best regards,
Anderson James
Project Supervisor, Inkwellpresspublicat
... See more
The email is quite the same. Here is some contact info that got into my inbox:

Name: Anderson James

Best regards,
Anderson James
Project Supervisor, Inkwellpresspublications.
Collapse

Shahid Mahmood
Grace Pan
Khairuddin Ayubzai
Montasser Mahmoud
Ramzan Nizam
Cesar Morales

Grigory Subbotin
Grigory Subbotin  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Russian
Got same scam from Anderson James May 23

Yesterday I received same message from Anderson James, who insists that he is top project supervisor at Inkwell:

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Anderson James, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwellpresspublication , a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing.

I recently came across your contact information on TranslatorDirectory, a platfo
... See more
Yesterday I received same message from Anderson James, who insists that he is top project supervisor at Inkwell:

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Anderson James, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwellpresspublication , a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing.

I recently came across your contact information on TranslatorDirectory, a platform that we hold in high regard. As we are currently seeking highly skilled freelancers who can provide translation and proofreading services to give a final polish to a document that is soon to be published.

We would like to inquire about your availability and interest in taking on a new translation project with Inkwellpresspublication (https://inkwellpresspublications.com/) Your expertise and skills would be a valuable addition to our team, and we believe that your contributions would greatly benefit our ongoing and upcoming projects.

If you are open to discussing this opportunity further, please let us know your availability for a follow-up discussion. We would be happy to provide more details about the project and answer any questions you may have regarding the collaboration.

Thank you for considering this opportunity with us. We look forward to the possibility of working together and leveraging your talents for our mutual success. You can utilize the following link to reach out to me:

Best regards,
Anderson James
Project Supervisor, Inkwellpresspublications

I believe that it is the same sort of scam...
Be aware of cooperating with him.
Collapse

Shahid Mahmood
Grace Pan
Khairuddin Ayubzai
Montasser Mahmoud
Ramzan Nizam
Cesar Morales

Khairuddin Ayubzai
Khairuddin Ayubzai  Identity Verified
Afghanistan
Local time: 02:51
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Scammer with the same agenda impersonating Inkwell Press Publications! May 27

Thanks a lot for all the information. I have just received the same email with similar trap.

"I hope this email finds you well. My name is Anderson James, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwellpresspublication , a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing.

I recently came across your contact information on TranslatorDirectory, a platform that we hold in
... See more
Thanks a lot for all the information. I have just received the same email with similar trap.

"I hope this email finds you well. My name is Anderson James, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwellpresspublication , a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing.

We would like to inquire about your availability and interest in taking on a new translation project with Inkwellpresspublication (https://inkwellpresspublications.com/) Your expertise and skills would be a valuable addition to our team, and we believe that your contributions would greatly benefit our ongoing and upcoming projects.

Thank you for considering this opportunity with us. We look forward to the possibility of working together and leveraging your talents for our mutual success. You can utilize the following link to reach out to me:

Best regards,
Anderson James
Project Supervisor, Inkwellpresspublications."

Please be aware that this is a scam!!
Collapse

Montasser Mahmoud
Ramzan Nizam
Cesar Morales

Montasser Mahmoud
Montasser Mahmoud
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
Beware of Phishing Email from "Anderson James" May 28

I want to alert you about a possible phishing attempt I received from someone claiming to be Anderson James, representing Inkwellpresspublications. The email requested personal information and a deposit, which raised red flags for me.

Please exercise caution and avoid engaging with this individual or providing any sensitive information.

Stay vigilant,

Rustam Shafikov
Ramzan Nizam
Cesar Morales
Philippe Tronci

Cesar Morales
Cesar Morales  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:21
Member (2017)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Scamed too... May 30

I think I have been scamed too.

Anderson James
To:[email protected]
Tue, May 14, 2024

"Dear CeSAR,

I recentl
... See more
I think I have been scamed too.

Anderson James
To:[email protected]
Tue, May 14, 2024

"Dear CeSAR,

Best regards,
Anderson James"

No NDA, a very strange contract form.

Sent the translation, and got an email from Inkwell:

To:C
Tue, May 28 at 12:34 PM
Dear, Cesar

We are pleased to provide you with access to our payment portal. Kindly click on the link below and create a wallet on the portal. This will enable us to initiate the payment to your wallet, which can then be withdrawn to your local bank account.

Oakmadokholdings.org

Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Our team is readily available to provide any assistance you may require.

Best regards

Inkwell Press Publications

Then I got asked contact David James on telegram to receive help to create a "Wallet" in Oakmadokholdings.org
I did, and this David, asks me if I have recieved payment, "if so, you can directly withdraw the money"

2024-05-30_12h12_02

But it turns out, you have to buy an IBT Code for 250USD that is needed to transfer the money to a real bank account. They will be reinbursed he says...

2024-05-30_11h38_45

I am pretty sure this is a SCAM, and I will never see payment.

But has anyone gone through the entire process?
Collapse

GAVRIELLA PAPAYIANNI
GAVRIELLA PAPAYIANNI  Identity Verified
Cyprus
English to Greek
+ ...
Got this scam also Jun 5

I also received a very similar email from Martin Henking who said represented the same company in LA. Thank you so much for the warning.

Michael Landman

Sajjad Alam
Sajjad Alam
India
English to Urdu
+ ...
i am also victim of the same person! is there are any way to get rid of this? Jun 7

Shahid Mahmood wrote:

BEWARE! BE AWARE!
I recently came across your contact information on TranslatorDirectory, a platform that we hold in high regard. As we are currently seeking highly skilled freelancers who can provide translation and proofreading services to give a final polish to a document that is soon to be published. We would like to inquire about your availability and interest in taking on a new translation project with (InkwellPressPublications.com). Your expertise and skills would be a valuable addition to our team, and we believe that your contributions would greatly benefit our ongoing and upcoming projects. If you are open to discussing this opportunity further, please let us know your availability for a follow-up discussion. We would be happy to provide more details about the project and answer any questions you may have regarding the collaboration. Thank you for considering this opportunity with us. We look forward to the possibility of working together and leveraging your talents for our mutual success.)”
He wanted to get a report about 30,000 words on Women's Health Agenda translated into Urdu. He sent me pdf of project along with guidelines. When I finished the project and sent him they appreciate me and gave me an email [email protected] and told me to send at this. I sent the project to the email provided, then they sent me a link www.oakmadok.org and told me to create an account on given website then contact any Mr. David James https://t.me/Davidj1231 on telegram, after creating an account I contact Mr. David they debited amount on oakmadok quickly.
But the real game begins here. When I tried to withdraw money, I found out that it was a fake website. When I clicked on withdraw asked to provide IBT code, I contacted David for the code they asked me $250 for this. I tried for wire transfer there is first and mandatory dropdown ‘select the bank’ but that list is empty.
The purpose of this detailed discussion is that scammers have now started targeting freelancers, so we all need to be careful.

Naw Moo Saw Hsee

Francesca Trevisan
Francesca Trevisan
Spain
Local time: 00:21
Member (Jul 2024)
English to Italian
+ ...
I got scammed as well Jun 7

Hi,

I received the same message from Griffin Murray, who claims to be Project Supervisor at Inkwellpresspublications. The email went directly to my "Spam" folder, but I looked it up just to check if it existed and found your message here on Proz. So thank you for the warning, now I definitely know it's a scam!

Dear Esteemed Professional, I trust this correspondence finds you well. My name is Griffin Murray, and I have the privilege of reaching out to you from the esteem
... See more
Hi,

I received the same message from Griffin Murray, who claims to be Project Supervisor at Inkwellpresspublications. The email went directly to my "Spam" folder, but I looked it up just to check if it existed and found your message here on Proz. So thank you for the warning, now I definitely know it's a scam!

Dear Esteemed Professional, I trust this correspondence finds you well. My name is Griffin Murray, and I have the privilege of reaching out to you from the esteemed offices of Inkwellpresspublications in Los Angeles, California. As the incumbent Project Supervisor, I am tasked with the responsibility of sourcing and engaging the finest talents in the field of translation and proofreading. It is with great admiration that I have come across your esteemed profile on Translation Directory, a platform of considerable repute within our circles. Our organization is presently embarked on a quest to secure the services of seasoned freelance translators and meticulous proofreaders to elevate the quality of an imminent publication. Your distinguished expertise and demonstrated proficiency have captured our attention, and we are keen to explore the prospect of your involvement in a forthcoming translation endeavor with Oakmakdoksbooks, a division of Inkwellpresspublications (https://inkwellpresspublications.com). We firmly believe that your contributions will serve as an invaluable asset to our team, enriching our ongoing projects and setting a high standard for future collaborations. Should you be amenable to further discussions regarding this promising opportunity, I kindly invite you to indicate your availability for a follow-up conversation. We stand ready to furnish you with comprehensive project particulars and address any queries or concerns you may have, ensuring clarity and alignment prior to commencement. Your consideration of this proposition is deeply appreciated. We eagerly anticipate the possibility of forging a mutually rewarding partnership and harnessing your exceptional talents for the advancement of our collective endeavors. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly using the following contact information: Telegram: @Griffin_murray Skype: [email protected] Email: [email protected] With warm regards and earnest anticipation, Griffin Murray Project Supervisor Inkwellpresspublications
Collapse

Mahmoud Helmi

Mahmoud Helmi
Mahmoud Helmi  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
I received the same message from Griffin Murray ([email protected]) Jun 7

Here is the message that I received yesterday, and it looks very suspicious. I hope by posting the complete details and the full text of such messages these scammers get exposed when innocent translators google them. Actually, I came to this page when I googled for "Inkwellpresspublications".
----------
Dear Esteemed Professional, I trust this correspondence finds you well. My name is Griffin Murray, and I have the privilege of reaching out to you from the esteemed offices of Inkwe
... See more
Here is the message that I received yesterday, and it looks very suspicious. I hope by posting the complete details and the full text of such messages these scammers get exposed when innocent translators google them. Actually, I came to this page when I googled for "Inkwellpresspublications".
----------
Dear Esteemed Professional, I trust this correspondence finds you well. My name is Griffin Murray, and I have the privilege of reaching out to you from the esteemed offices of Inkwellpresspublications in Los Angeles, California. As the incumbent Project Supervisor, I am tasked with the responsibility of sourcing and engaging the finest talents in the field of translation and proofreading. It is with great admiration that I have come across your esteemed profile on Translation Directory, a platform of considerable repute within our circles. Our organization is presently embarked on a quest to secure the services of seasoned freelance translators and meticulous proofreaders to elevate the quality of an imminent publication. Your distinguished expertise and demonstrated proficiency have captured our attention, and we are keen to explore the prospect of your involvement in a forthcoming translation endeavor with Oakmakdoksbooks, a division of Inkwellpresspublications (https://inkwellpresspublications.com). We firmly believe that your contributions will serve as an invaluable asset to our team, enriching our ongoing projects and setting a high standard for future collaborations. Should you be amenable to further discussions regarding this promising opportunity, I kindly invite you to indicate your availability for a follow-up conversation. We stand ready to furnish you with comprehensive project particulars and address any queries or concerns you may have, ensuring clarity and alignment prior to commencement. Your consideration of this proposition is deeply appreciated. We eagerly anticipate the possibility of forging a mutually rewarding partnership and harnessing your exceptional talents for the advancement of our collective endeavors. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly using the following contact information: Telegram: @Griffin_murray Skype:
[email protected]
Email:
[email protected]
With warm regards and earnest anticipation, Griffin Murray Project Supervisor Inkwellpresspublications

[Edited at 2024-06-07 14:23 GMT]
Collapse

Fabiano Froes
Fabiano Froes
Brazil
Local time: 19:21
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I received a very similiar email. Jun 11

Hello mates.
I received the following email too:

Dear Esteemed Professional, I trust this correspondence finds you well. My name is Griffin Murray, and I have the privilege of reaching out to you from the esteemed offices of Inkwellpresspublications in Los Angeles, California. As the incumbent Project Supervisor, I am tasked with the responsibility of sourcing and engaging the finest talents in the field of translation and proofreading. It is with great admiration that I have
... See more
Hello mates.
I received the following email too:

Dear Esteemed Professional, I trust this correspondence finds you well. My name is Griffin Murray, and I have the privilege of reaching out to you from the esteemed offices of Inkwellpresspublications in Los Angeles, California. As the incumbent Project Supervisor, I am tasked with the responsibility of sourcing and engaging the finest talents in the field of translation and proofreading. It is with great admiration that I have come across your esteemed profile on Translation Directory, a platform of considerable repute within our circles. Our organization is presently embarked on a quest to secure the services of seasoned freelance translators and meticulous proofreaders to elevate the quality of an imminent publication. Your distinguished expertise and demonstrated proficiency have captured our attention, and we are keen to explore the prospect of your involvement in a forthcoming translation endeavor with Oakmakdoksbooks, a division of Inkwellpresspublications (https://inkwellpresspublications.com). We firmly believe that your contributions will serve as an invaluable asset to our team, enriching our ongoing projects and setting a high standard for future collaborations. Should you be amenable to further discussions regarding this promising opportunity, I kindly invite you to indicate your availability for a follow-up conversation. We stand ready to furnish you with comprehensive project particulars and address any queries or concerns you may have, ensuring clarity and alignment prior to commencement. Your consideration of this proposition is deeply appreciated. We eagerly anticipate the possibility of forging a mutually rewarding partnership and harnessing your exceptional talents for the advancement of our collective endeavors. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly using the following contact information: Telegram: @Griffin_murray Skype: [email protected] Email: [email protected] With warm regards and earnest anticipation, Griffin Murray Project Supervisor Inkwellpresspublications

This email came straight to my spam box, so I came straight here to make some research. That was good that I came here hahahaha.
These days ago I received a message in WhatsApp from a guy offering translations jobs too, and it's clear that it's a scam. Therefore, we need to be very carefully my friends.
Collapse

shireen ganem

Yuvasy Ascanio
Yuvasy Ascanio
Venezuela
Local time: 18:21
Spanish to English
+ ...
Also receiving the same email with a different name Jun 15

Yesterday I received this email
I hope this email finds you well.
My name is Khudzeni Mwale, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwellpresspublication , a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing. I recently came across your contact information on TranslatorDirectory, a platform that we hold in high regard. As we are currently seeking highly skilled freelancers who can
... See more
Yesterday I received this email
I hope this email finds you well.
My name is Khudzeni Mwale, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwellpresspublication , a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing. I recently came across your contact information on TranslatorDirectory, a platform that we hold in high regard. As we are currently seeking highly skilled freelancers who can provide translation and proofreading services to give a final polish to a document that is soon to be published. We would like to inquire about your availability and interest in taking on a new translation project with Inkwellpresspublication (https://inkwellpresspublications.com/) Your expertise and skills would be a valuable addition to our team, and we believe that your contributions would greatly benefit our ongoing and upcoming projects. If you are open to discussing this opportunity further, please let us know your availability for a follow-up discussion. We would be happy to provide more details about the project and answer any questions you may have regarding the collaboration. Thank you for considering this opportunity with us. We look forward to the possibility of working together and leveraging your talents for our mutual success.

You can utilize the following link to reach out to me:
Telegram: @Khudzeni987
Skype ID: live:.cid.759e0ff37e4c22e6 Email: [email protected]

Best regards,
Khudzeni Mwale
Project Supervisor, Inkwellpresspublications.
-----
Second email:
Thank you for your response,

Our preferred translation languages primarily consist of German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Finnish, and various other languages. If you or anyone you know is proficient in a language not mentioned above, please feel free to share my contact information with them.

I would like to inquire about your proficiency in your specific language and inquire about the estimated time it would take for you to translate a PDF document containing 75 pages, with minimal content on each page, how many days will it take you to translate the document to your preferred language?

Best regards
Khudzeni Mwale
Project supervisor,
inkwellpresspublications.
-------
This is the second time I have received an offer like this, the first time was on Upwork with another name and a different company but the same scam, they requested a Translation and later asked for a deposit of $250 to release payment.
Freelancers beware!!!
Collapse

Shahid Mahmood
sabine de vos

Sharon Vandermerwe
Sharon Vandermerwe  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 23:21
Member (2020)
German to English
+ ...
I received the same email from Roy Petros at gmail.com - with a folllow-up Jun 18

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Roy Petros, and I am reaching out to you from Los Angeles, California. I am currently employed as a top project supervisor at Inkwell Press Publications, a reputable organization known for excellence in various aspects of publishing.

I recently came across your contact information on TranslatorDirectory, a platform that we hold in high regard. As we are currently seeking highly skilled freelancers who can provide translation and proofread
... See more

FOLLOWED BY...

"Our preferred translation languages primarily consist of German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Finnish, Korean, Urdu, Arabic and various other languages.

I would like to inquire about your proficiency in a your specific language and inquire about the estimated time it would take for you to translate a PDF document containing 72 pages, with minimal content on each page, how many days will it take you to translate the document to your preferred language?"

I replied telling him to stop wasting my time.
Collapse

sabine de vos

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

BEWARE of scammer impersonating Inkwell Press Publications

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »