Barbara L Pavlik
Barbara L Pavlik  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:44
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 28, 2022

Hello, I'm working in Trados Studio Freelancer 2021, and suddenly my bottom task bar (which usually has shortcuts for my web browser among other things) is no longer visible while Studio is open. This means I have to minimize Studio every time I want to consult an online glossary (which is usually multiple times per segment). I'm working against a tight deadline, and this is really slowing me down, not to mention it's annoying as anything. Shutting Studio down and reopening doesn't help. Any ... See more
Hello, I'm working in Trados Studio Freelancer 2021, and suddenly my bottom task bar (which usually has shortcuts for my web browser among other things) is no longer visible while Studio is open. This means I have to minimize Studio every time I want to consult an online glossary (which is usually multiple times per segment). I'm working against a tight deadline, and this is really slowing me down, not to mention it's annoying as anything. Shutting Studio down and reopening doesn't help. Any suggestions? Thanks.Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 01:44
English to Russian
Maximize Feb 28, 2022

Hi Barbara,
Can you see the 'Maximize' icon in the upper right corner? If yes, try to click it. Sometimes it happens so that Trados opens almost full screen but still not maximized.
2022-02-28_212013If you don't see the 'Maximize' icon there, then check whether Studio is in full screen mode or not. You can do it by pressing F11 to enable the full screen mode first and F11 again to disable the same.

[Edited at 2022-02-28 18:30 GMT]

Barbara L Pavlik
Barbara L Pavlik  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:44
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Feb 28, 2022

HI Stepan, thanks. That did the trick!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bottom task bar disappears when Trados Studio is open

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »