Lawyers slam Government’s new court interpreting system

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Lawyers slam Government’s new court interpreting system".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Alexander Teplitsky
Alexander Teplitsky  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:46
din engleză în rusă
+ ...
USSR reincarnation Feb 22, 2012

It is seems like Soviet Union collapsed in one place and trying to reincarnate in another....

Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
Regatul Unit
Local time: 00:46
din germană în engleză
I stopped working with them for translation Feb 22, 2012

and am not surprised by the mess they have caused. They also have the NHS contract in Peterborough - why? Cos they bid cheap, cheap, cheap - and in my opinion nasty too.

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 01:46
din engleză în germană
+ ...
In Memoriam
Thanks - this is the only way to resolve the problem Feb 23, 2012

Gillian Searl wrote:
I stopped working with them for translation ....
They also have the NHS contract in Peterborough - why? Cos they bid cheap, cheap, cheap - .....

Thank you Gillian, this is the only way to resolve the problem. We did bid on several NHS contracts in 2009/2010 with rates that would have allowed us to pay decent rates to translators and interpreters. We never had a chance being much too expensive. We stopped bidding for this kind of contracts that always go to the cheapest service provider. Lets see how things develop. I have been really positively surprised to see that they seem not to be able to get away with this.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorii acestui forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lawyers slam Government’s new court interpreting system

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »