Ivana Bojcic
Ivana Bojcic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2011)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Sep 21, 2023

Hello,

looking for an alternative to Plunet business manager, which is overpriced.
I also don't need NMT integration, just a decent software to use when I assign translation projects. So, I would need users/translators to create account and accept/reject business projects when prompted via email.
I was checking Smartling and such, but they're all mostly focused on automated translation process. I really only need a possibility to assign project to multiple users with fi
... See more
Hello,

I also don't need NMT integration, just a decent software to use when I assign translation projects. So, I would need users/translators to create account and accept/reject business projects when prompted via email.
I was checking Smartling and such, but they're all mostly focused on automated translation process. I really only need a possibility to assign project to multiple users with files already prepared.
Is there something cheaper than Plunet?

Thank you
Collapse

Philippe Locquet

Grigori Gazarian
Grigori Gazarian  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:32
Member (2021)
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
Protemos Sep 21, 2023

What about Protemos and XTRF?

expressisverbis

Ivana Bojcic
Ivana Bojcic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2011)
German to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Grigori Sep 22, 2023

...currently viewing user experience on those two. It looks like I'll be picking the least terrible option.

Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise
Belgium
Local time: 11:32
Member (2020)
French to Dutch
+ ...
XTRF Sep 22, 2023

Ivana Bojcic wrote:

...currently viewing user experience on those two. It looks like I'll be picking the least terrible option.

Not sure what's so terrible about XTRF. I have one agency client that has been using this system for years, and at least from my side this seems to be a well functioning system.

expressisverbis
Rabie El Magdouli
Adieu

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:32
English to French
+ ...
Wordfast Anywhere Sep 22, 2023

Ivana Bojcic wrote:

Hello,

I was checking Smartling and such, but they're all mostly focused on automated translation process. I really only need a possibility to assign project to multiple users with files already prepared.
Is there something cheaper than Plunet?

Thank you

Hi, did you have a look at Wordfast Anywhere?
You can create multilingual projects and assign files, glossaries and MT. Source and target files can be moved in and out through clouds like Drop Box, Google docs and off course simple upload and download.
Payment is credit based, so you buy a month or more when you use it. Price is 9.99 USD for a month , 3 month bundle gets 15% off, 10-month bundle gets 30% off.
On top of this, users living and working in countries with developing economies get 50% off.
The trial is 1 USD.

I have a few videos on it on my channel. This one described the PM side, it was published when WFA was still free but it still works basically the same way. https://youtu.be/NXDmijlzcSg?si=qLFurBEDxM-R9HmY

Hope this is useful

expressisverbis

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Translator-side perspective Oct 14, 2023

I like almost everything about XTRF, except the very regular forced logouts and quarterly password changes. Typical "security" circus.

Then again, for all I know that might be a setting chosen on the agency side?

Anyway, XTRF works fine, although I couldn't tell you anything about pricing.

Lieven Malaise wrote:

Ivana Bojcic wrote:

Not sure what's so terrible about XTRF. I have one agency client that has been using this system for years, and at least from my side this seems to be a well functioning system.

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 12:32
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
LSP.expert Oct 16, 2023

I have been using LSP.expert for a few years and I find it feature-complete for my needs as an independent professional. You could give it a try and see how you like it.

Michael Beijer

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best PM solution for micro business

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »