How do I share a Wordfast Pro 5 TM with someone else on Dropbox?
Thread poster: Comunican
Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:23
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 26, 2019

Hi all
Wf Pro is proving to be very complicated about sharing a TM on Dropbox with someone else so that we can both work on documents in a shared project.
I have shared my Dropbox folder containing the project, but my colleague is not able to see and select the TM for the project.
My guess is that this is because all that info seems to be stored, for some strange reason, in the Users folder deep in the depths of Microsoft's operating system and seeing as all that is not in Dr
... See more
Hi all
Wf Pro is proving to be very complicated about sharing a TM on Dropbox with someone else so that we can both work on documents in a shared project.
I have shared my Dropbox folder containing the project, but my colleague is not able to see and select the TM for the project.
My guess is that this is because all that info seems to be stored, for some strange reason, in the Users folder deep in the depths of Microsoft's operating system and seeing as all that is not in Dropbox, I can't share it with my colleague.
The whole "Connect to Remote" seems incredibly complex - we have no idea where we even get a URL for the TM or what a "Cluster Short Code" is...
Surely there must be a way of doing this without having to do a PhD in Computer Science...?!
Any guidance much appreciated.
Thanks!

[Edited at 2019-06-26 13:58 GMT]
Collapse

Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:23
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
best to use WFA Jul 1, 2019

I have been reliably told that the best way of doing this is via Wordfast Anywhere: ie upload a TMX format of the TM to WFA and then each person link to that WFA TM in Wf Pro.

[Edited at 2019-07-01 10:12 GMT]

John Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I share a Wordfast Pro 5 TM with someone else on Dropbox?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »