László Krasznahorkai wins the Man Booker International prize 2015

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "László Krasznahorkai wins the Man Booker International prize 2015".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Annamaria Amik
Annamaria Amik  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:55
Romanian to English
+ ...
Congratulations to both the author and his translator! May 21, 2015

His lovely reply in an interview with the short-listed authors:
http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/may/13/man-booker-international-prize-2015-the-finalists-speak
Which of your books would you recommend to a reader approaching your work for the first time?
If there are readers who haven’t read my books, I couldn
... See more
His lovely reply in an interview with the short-listed authors:
http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/may/13/man-booker-international-prize-2015-the-finalists-speak
Which of your books would you recommend to a reader approaching your work for the first time?
If there are readers who haven’t read my books, I couldn’t recommend anything to read to them; instead, I’d advise them to go out, sit down somewhere, perhaps by the side of a brook, with nothing to do, nothing to think about, just remaining in silence like stones. They will eventually meet someone who has already read my books.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

László Krasznahorkai wins the Man Booker International prize 2015

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »