NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 22:29
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Nov 19, 2003

Good morning everyone,
A few days ago I translated several pages for a (new) client. It was a word document with a few titles and lots and lots of charts embedded in the doc. I used Trados to translate the main doc, which really didn't have much text. The org charts were new to me. Right-click, edit, translate, ctrl-s. Do this for each chart, save the document and send to the client.
Oops, this morning, with a rush on a job and two more pending, I get a message that the document is f
... See more
Good morning everyone,
A few days ago I translated several pages for a (new) client. It was a word document with a few titles and lots and lots of charts embedded in the doc. I used Trados to translate the main doc, which really didn't have much text. The org charts were new to me. Right-click, edit, translate, ctrl-s. Do this for each chart, save the document and send to the client.
Oops, this morning, with a rush on a job and two more pending, I get a message that the document is fine, but the charts are untranslated. I check my doc here on my hard disk - and lo and behold, it's all in the source language.
Oh no! I have to retype all this ? Today, of all days ? Does anybody know - did these charts get saved somewhere on a temporary file, and if so, with what extension ?
any clues on this problem would be greatly appreciated ! The client very generously gave me till tomorrow morning to redeem the charts, but I've done the work- it must be somewhere, right?
Thanks to all.
Nancy
Collapse

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:29
Polish to English
+ ...
Org chart files Nov 19, 2003

have the extension OPX.
That's all I can say for the moment...
Also, Org Chart is really the light version of a stand alone program. They have a web site here: www.orgplus.com

HTH,
Pawel Skalinski

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Org Chart trouble

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »