Thread poster: finnword1
finnword1
finnword1
United States
Local time: 15:39
English to Finnish
+ ...
Jul 3, 2023

I have been using DeepL Pro Advanced with DejaVu since October -22. Now, all of a sudden, it stopped working. Their support office tells me:

"Due to internal policies, we have to decline your request to enter into a contract with us and are therefore unable to offer you a subscription to DeepL Pro. For more information, you can at any time refer to our terms and conditions, available on our website, point 5.2, which clarifies this particular issue."

Has anybody else exp
... See more
I have been using DeepL Pro Advanced with DejaVu since October -22. Now, all of a sudden, it stopped working. Their support office tells me:

"Due to internal policies, we have to decline your request to enter into a contract with us and are therefore unable to offer you a subscription to DeepL Pro. For more information, you can at any time refer to our terms and conditions, available on our website, point 5.2, which clarifies this particular issue."

Has anybody else experienced this with DeepL?

[Edited at 2023-07-04 17:19 GMT]
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:39
Danish to English
+ ...
Happened a few months ago Jul 4, 2023

The same happened to a colleague a few months ago. This is very strange. Have you said or done anything that could possibly be construed as controversial recently?

... See more
The same happened to a colleague a few months ago. This is very strange. Have you said or done anything that could possibly be construed as controversial recently?

https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/361226-wow_i_am_no_longer_allowed_to_get_a_subscription_to_deepl_‘due_to_internal_policies’.html
Collapse

Elena Feriani

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 22:39
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
DeepL Pro – Terms and Conditions Jul 4, 2023

5.2 DeepL reserves the right to reject Customer requests to enter a contract. In this event, DeepL will display a respective message during the buying process, at latest when Customer has clicked the Order Button. In particular, DeepL rejects contracts with Customers providing machine translation services, including but not limited to Amazon.com, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Google LLC, Alphabet Inc., Apple Inc., Facebook Inc., and their subsidia... See more
5.2 DeepL reserves the right to reject Customer requests to enter a contract. In this event, DeepL will display a respective message during the buying process, at latest when Customer has clicked the Order Button. In particular, DeepL rejects contracts with Customers providing machine translation services, including but not limited to Amazon.com, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Google LLC, Alphabet Inc., Apple Inc., Facebook Inc., and their subsidiaries.
DeepL Pro – Terms and Conditions
Collapse

finnword1
finnword1
United States
Local time: 15:39
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jul 5, 2023

It turned out that someone at DeepL had messed up my payment information. Luckily he went on vacation (hopefully a long one) and someone else took over and fixed the issue.

Dan Lucas

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:39
Danish to English
+ ...
Good to know, but … Jul 6, 2023

So one is left to wonder why they referred to internal policies. Their customer service sounds like a shambles.

Elena Feriani
finnword1

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DeepL

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »