Thread poster: LJC (X)
LJC (X)
LJC (X)
France
Local time: 21:37
French to English
+ ...
Mar 28, 2003

I\'ve just got a new computer with Outlook Express 6. I\'d set up my e-mail account and everything seemed to be working normally and the mails downloaded with no problem, until I received two with attachments. Outlook deleted them! It said \"Outlook Express a supprimé l\'accès aux pièces jointes suivantes de votre message électronique, jugées non fiables.\"

One attachment was a Word document and the other was PDF. Is there something I\'ve not set up properly?

Thanks,
... See more
I\'ve just got a new computer with Outlook Express 6. I\'d set up my e-mail account and everything seemed to be working normally and the mails downloaded with no problem, until I received two with attachments. Outlook deleted them! It said \"Outlook Express a supprimé l\'accès aux pièces jointes suivantes de votre message électronique, jugées non fiables.\"

One attachment was a Word document and the other was PDF. Is there something I\'ve not set up properly?

Thanks,

Lesley
Collapse

sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Germany
German to English
Did the email go into the deleted emails tray or Mar 28, 2003

did your virus protection perhaps do it automatically?

Geneviève von Levetzow
Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
French to German
+ ...
Le mieux... Mar 28, 2003

... est de chercher dans la knowledge base de MS. J\'ai modifié pas mal de paramètres (également dans la registry) et tout fonctionne maintenant parfaitement.

Regardez dans l\'aide de Outlook ce qui est bloqué (comme ma version est allemande, ce serait inutile de l\'écire ici).

Geneviève

French Locale
French Locale
English to French
+ ...
Security options Mar 28, 2003

I had the same problem - what you have to do is to go to Tools / Options, open the Security tab and then use lower security settings. This way it should work.

LJC (X)
LJC (X)
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 28, 2003

Thanks for the replies.

Sylvie, I don’t think it was anything to do with the antivirus and it’s not in the trash. The email itself is there, just not the attachment.

French Locale, I’ve tried setting the security to ‘weak’ but the apply button doesn’t activate.

So I’m going to follow Geneviève’s suggestion and study the Outlook ‘help’ files more closely. (I did look, but I didn’t have too much time.)
... See more
Thanks for the replies.

Sylvie, I don’t think it was anything to do with the antivirus and it’s not in the trash. The email itself is there, just not the attachment.

French Locale, I’ve tried setting the security to ‘weak’ but the apply button doesn’t activate.

So I’m going to follow Geneviève’s suggestion and study the Outlook ‘help’ files more closely. (I did look, but I didn’t have too much time.)

Thank you all,

Lesley

Collapse

sandhya
sandhya  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:07
German to English
+ ...
Use the Tools>Options tab Mar 28, 2003

Hi,

In Outlook Express, go to Tools > Options > Security tab:

Here, uncheck the tab \"Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus\"

Once this tab is disabled, you will be able to download all your attachments.

all the best

sandhya

LJC (X)
LJC (X)
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted (I think) Mar 28, 2003

I think that’s it, Sandhya. The box was checked so I’ve unchecked it.

Thank you all,

Lesley

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Teething problems: Outlook Express 6

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »