Thread poster: Miguel Ángel Sosa Bolio
Miguel Ángel Sosa Bolio
Miguel Ángel Sosa Bolio
Mexico
New user
03:06

Hi,

I have a project to translate around 500 pages from English into Spanish

I used Google translate (I have done that before). It made a good job ... in minutes ... and it preserved the source document characteristics (design, colors)

Now, work is not done, it is time for me to review and modify as convenient (to the best of my ability)

So, source document was in PDF, the machine translation outcome is in PDF too

What do you reco
... See more
Hi,

I have a project to translate around 500 pages from English into Spanish

I used Google translate (I have done that before). It made a good job ... in minutes ... and it preserved the source document characteristics (design, colors)

Now, work is not done, it is time for me to review and modify as convenient (to the best of my ability)

So, source document was in PDF, the machine translation outcome is in PDF too

What do you recommend to insert modifications/improvements?

1- Convert PDF to WORD? (part of it are financial statements, I am afraid to loose format)

2- Try some app to edit PDF document? (which do you recommend? )

3- Another procedure?

Thanks
Miguel
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:22
English to Russian
Rule of a thumb 10:36

If you want to translate a pdf, you should convert it into MS Word first, then tidy up and then translate.
You can also use Infix PDF Editor (fee-based software) or web sites like sejda.com. However these two options have obvious disadvantages: you have to pay or you have to share your document with the world.
The safest and most efficient way is pdf-to-docx conversion.

Miguel Ángel Sosa Bolio

Miguel Ángel Sosa Bolio
Miguel Ángel Sosa Bolio
Mexico
New user
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you 13:44

Thanks Stepan,

I did as you commented and worked just fine (fortunately the source document was an original PDF not scanned document).

Kind regards
Miguel

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Translation outcome in PDF format - how to edit

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »