Ade Indarta
Ade Indarta  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 07:41
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
Jul 9, 2008

Hi all,

Is there a way to hide our profile so that no one can see it but we are still able to access this site, answer kudoz, see job notification, and all?

Thanks in advance.

[Edited at 2008-07-09 05:33]

savaria (X)
savaria (X)
Hungary
Local time: 02:41
English to Hungarian
+ ...
What sense? - Unfair,isn't it? Jul 9, 2008

I don't know what sense would it have for a translator not to have this minimum publicity for himself.And anyway,when you answer those questions,you must hold responsibilty,otherwise it is unfair.Isn't it?

[Módosítva: 2008-07-09 06:55]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:41
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Ade Jul 9, 2008

No, there is no such possibility. Of course, you can access the site while non logged-in, but such access is much restricted as you can mostly just browse the site pages. How do you imagine somebody answering KudoZ from a 'hidden' profile?

If you would like to do this from the point of view of safety, you can hide your name and show your nickname instead; you may also remove your CV from the profile (however in this case it will be still available in the cached Internet pages until
... See more
No, there is no such possibility. Of course, you can access the site while non logged-in, but such access is much restricted as you can mostly just browse the site pages. How do you imagine somebody answering KudoZ from a 'hidden' profile?

If you would like to do this from the point of view of safety, you can hide your name and show your nickname instead; you may also remove your CV from the profile (however in this case it will be still available in the cached Internet pages until these pages expire).

Natalia
Collapse

Ade Indarta
Indonesia
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
TOPIC STARTER
a couple of year off as freelancer Jul 9, 2008

I am taking a couple of year off as freelancer to work as in-house. I still want to be able to be a part of this great community but I do not want client to accidentally find my profile and contact me. That is why I want to hide my profile.

Ade

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:41
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Natalia's right: simply hide your identity Jul 9, 2008

Dear Ade,

"Hiding" is easy! The simple solution is to contact ProZ.com via a Support request and ask to change the name that is displayed to a non-identifiable nickname (because your ID has been verified, you should not change the name in your profile yourself). The sooner you do this, of course, the faster any cache stored on the Internet will disappear.

I can see that you are an active participant in KudoZ, and there's no reason you shouldn't continue to be, albei
... See more
Dear Ade,

"Hiding" is easy! The simple solution is to contact ProZ.com via a Support request and ask to change the name that is displayed to a non-identifiable nickname (because your ID has been verified, you should not change the name in your profile yourself). The sooner you do this, of course, the faster any cache stored on the Internet will disappear.

I can see that you are an active participant in KudoZ, and there's no reason you shouldn't continue to be, albeit with a new identity.

Yolanda Broad
Collapse

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 18:41
Dutch to English
+ ...
Add a sentence to your profile Jul 10, 2008

Why not leave your profile and add a sentence to the effect that you are unavailable for translations until further notice?

Ade Indarta
Indonesia
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 11, 2008

Thanks Tina! How come I never thought of that!?

Ade

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to hide profile

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »