Alert! My ProZ profile has been interfered with and falsified (Staff: isolated incident, fixed)
Thread poster: Caryl Swift
Caryl Swift
Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:00
Polish to English
+ ...
Mar 2, 2010

Hi everyone,

This is by way of being an alert - I've already submitted a support ticket, but thought it might be an idea to let people know what's happened so you can check that it hasn't happened to you as well.

I went to my profile just a few minutes ago. I wanted to add something to it. To my utter horror, I saw that something had been added. NOT BY ME. And what's terrible is that it is false information. Information I would never, ever dream of adding.

... See more
Hi everyone,

This is by way of being an alert - I've already submitted a support ticket, but thought it might be an idea to let people know what's happened so you can check that it hasn't happened to you as well.

I went to my profile just a few minutes ago. I wanted to add something to it. To my utter horror, I saw that something had been added. NOT BY ME. And what's terrible is that it is false information. Information I would never, ever dream of adding.

And I can't remove it. When I go to *the section concerned, the information doesn't appear.

As I said, I've submitted a support ticket. Requested that the said information be removed immediately. And that we then address the matter of how this could have happened.

In the meantime, if it is a bug of some sort then I thought perhaps others might like to know so as to ensure that there's been no dirty dealing with their supposedly secure, public image.

Hope you're all having a better day than I currently am.

Caryl

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-03-02 12:41 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-03-02 18:04 GMT]
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 05:00
SITE STAFF
Thanks Caryl Mar 2, 2010

Hello Caryl,

I've just replied to your support request, thanks for putting that in. I've asked a developer to have a look and I'll get back to you. Thanks for your patience.

Jared

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 05:00
SITE STAFF
Problem found Mar 2, 2010

Hello again Caryl,

As I explain in your support request on this, the change you mention was made by staff, and was an isolated occurrence in response to an earlier support request. This kind of change should not be made without clear consent from the profile owner, and steps have been taken to ensure it does not happen again. My apologies for the inconvenience and worry caused by the incident.

Best regards,

Jared

Caryl Swift
Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:00
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Jared Mar 3, 2010

Thank you very much for sorting things out - and for doing it so promptly. That is, indeed, support.

Best wishes,
Caryl

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alert! My ProZ profile has been interfered with and falsified (Staff: isolated incident, fixed)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »