Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:47
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Mar 30, 2010

Yesterday I had an email from WinZip recommending a driver scanner software called Uniblue.
I downloaded and installed it, noticing in the course of doing so that I already had an earlier version installed in February last year.
Having done this, I discovered that the pictures and logos in ProZ forums were blanked out, as had happened i
... See more
Yesterday I had an email from WinZip recommending a driver scanner software called Uniblue.
I downloaded and installed it, noticing in the course of doing so that I already had an earlier version installed in February last year.
Having done this, I discovered that the pictures and logos in ProZ forums were blanked out, as had happened in February of last year.
See http://www.proz.com/forum/site_forums/158456-prozcom_logos_and_pictures_not_visible_with_firefox_358_help_needed.html#1330342
I remedied the situation in the same way as before. I did not realize it last year, but now that it has happened twice after installing Uniblue, I am convinced there is a connection.
The problem only affects Firefox, Internet Explorer and other browsers are OK.
Collapse

Karletto
Karletto
English to Slovenian
+ ...
hope it helps Mar 30, 2010

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/242437?s=pictures&as=q

I would also check, if your cookies and privacy settings are enabled enough to show pictures.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:47
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Not really a problem Mar 30, 2010

Thanks, Karletto.
I've already repeated the procedure I went through last year and everything is back to normal.
The page you quote refers to a fault in which all pictures were lost. This problem only applied to ProZ forums and Firefox browser. I've uninstalled Uniblue and if I feel I want another driver scanner, I'll find a different one (at present I'm not inclined to bother).
I only started this thread to warn anyone who might be thinking of installing Uniblue that it coul
... See more
Thanks, Karletto.
I've already repeated the procedure I went through last year and everything is back to normal.
The page you quote refers to a fault in which all pictures were lost. This problem only applied to ProZ forums and Firefox browser. I've uninstalled Uniblue and if I feel I want another driver scanner, I'll find a different one (at present I'm not inclined to bother).
I only started this thread to warn anyone who might be thinking of installing Uniblue that it could cause problems.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Uniblue for Firefox blanks out pictures & logos in ProZ forums

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »