Thread poster: Solomon Wright
Solomon Wright
Solomon Wright  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:10
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Apr 2, 2010

Apologies if this has been covered - I couldn't find it. Is there a policy on reproducing profile content (specifically feedback from the "WWA" and "project history" sections) on, say, one's own website? E.g. a "Some comments from satisfied customers" page reproducing comments left on my Proz profile.

And if it isn't frowned upon, is there a nice easy way of embedding some code in my website or some such, or am I better off copying the comments manually?

I would also li
... See more
Apologies if this has been covered - I couldn't find it. Is there a policy on reproducing profile content (specifically feedback from the "WWA" and "project history" sections) on, say, one's own website? E.g. a "Some comments from satisfied customers" page reproducing comments left on my Proz profile.

And if it isn't frowned upon, is there a nice easy way of embedding some code in my website or some such, or am I better off copying the comments manually?

I would also like to reproduce the Proz professional guidelines (duly credited of course). I know I could just provide a link, but I'd prefer to have them on my own site. Would this be acceptable according to site rules?

Many thanks in advance,
Solomon
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:10
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
<frameset> Apr 2, 2010

The technical way is to create an HTML Frame using the tag, where the target web page will appear as a component of your page. But the legalities and ethics of it are another story altogether. In fact the whole issue of the legality of hyperlinking is in court (in Canada) at the moment.

[Edited at 2010-04-02 16:25 GMT]

Neil Coffey
Neil Coffey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:10
French to English
+ ...
iframe Apr 2, 2010

John Fossey wrote:

The technical way is to create an HTML Frame using the tag, where the target web page will appear as a component of your page. But the legalities and ethics of it are another story altogether. In fact the whole issue of the legality of hyperlinking is in court (in Canada) at the moment.

Think you mean < iframe >?

Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:10
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
hyperlinking Apr 2, 2010

John Fossey wrote:

Hyperlinking is one thing, presenting an external page as a frame (i.e. with own site menu) another thing, and embedding elements from another site, different case too.

Hyperlinking is the essence of the Internet. If that goes to court, the Internet is self-negated. Imagine a neural network without neural synapses—zilch.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:10
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
hyperlinking in court Apr 2, 2010

See article http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=2753615

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reproducing profile content on own website

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »