Recent posts not showing in 'Most recent posts' page (Staff: Posts of locked threads are not listed)
Thread poster: Helen Shiner
Helen Shiner
Helen Shiner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:39
German to English
+ ...
Jun 30, 2010

For those who were interested in my thread, please note it has been shunted off away from the general board and does not now appear on the listing of recent posts. Proz has not had the courtesy to let me know that they have done this. If you wish to follow the thread, here is the link: http://www.proz.com/forum/scams/174385-proz_jaccuse.html

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 18:39
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Submit a support ticket? Jun 30, 2010

Helen Shiner wrote:
For those who were interested in my thread, please note it has been shunted off away from the general board and does not now appear on the listing of recent posts.

There is no "general" board. There is a list that contains a selection of most recent posts, and there is a list that contains a selection of posts that ProZ.com wants non-members to see when they visit the ProZ.com home page, but these are just lists and not boards.

Proz has not had the courtesy to let me know that they have done this.

In the past, if I had posted in one forum and the thread was moved to another forum, I got a notification about it from ProZ.com. If you didn't get such a notification, then I suggest you submit a support ticket, because it could mean that something is wrong with the notification system.

However, if you thread was not actually moved (i.e. if you had posted in the Scams forum and your thread is still in the Scams forum), then it would make sense to me that there would be no notification.

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Where is the thread? Jun 30, 2010

It has remained within the Scams forum: http://www.proz.com/forum/scams-946.html

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Update your settings Jun 30, 2010

Perhaps you need to update your Forums settings and add the Scams forum to the ones appearing on the front page.

Helen Shiner
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Laurent Jun 30, 2010

Yes, I realise that now. I tend to follow the forums from the homepage and it had disappeared from view there. When one clicked on 'most recent posts' at the top of the forum section, most recent posts to my thread were not listed. I don't know the ins and outs of how the forum works but to me this was strange and unaccountable. I could only presume that Proz had made the choice, for which it has some form, of suppressing my thread or at least making posts to it invisible from the homepage.

Helen Shiner
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Marie-Claude Jun 30, 2010

This is not generally necessary for me to be able to see what is going on, specifically in the case of the most recent posts, as in my last comment on this thread.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
here one moment, gone the next Jun 30, 2010

Something strange is indeed happening to your other post, Helen.
http://www.proz.com/forum/scams/174385-proz_jaccuse.html

It's popping up and down like a Jack in a Box. In the "most recent posts" it's sometimes there and sometimes not !

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Checking with site developers... Jun 30, 2010

Hello all,

I just checked the Most recent posts page and I see indeed that some of the latest posts in this forum are not listed. I am not familiar with any special parameter taken into account in this forum but let me check with site developers to see if I can find the source of this.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Lucia

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Latest posts in locked threads do not show in list of "Most recent posts" Jun 30, 2010

Hi all again,

I was able to confirm that latest posts in the thread Proz - j'accuse! are not showing in the "Most recent posts" page as this thread has been locked (this is how the system works with locked threads). All other posts in this forum and in other forums are listed as most recent posts so the listing system is working as expected.

As regards posts displa
... See more
Hi all again,

I was able to confirm that latest posts in the thread Proz - j'accuse! are not showing in the "Most recent posts" page as this thread has been locked (this is how the system works with locked threads). All other posts in this forum and in other forums are listed as most recent posts so the listing system is working as expected.

As regards posts displayed in the homepage, check your settings here. I see you have not chosen to have posts in the 'Scams' forum displayed in the homepage, Helen, and this is the reason why you do not see posts in this forum listed. Make sure you check the "List on homepage" box next to the "Scams" forum and any other forum you are interested in tracking from the homepage.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
@ Lucia Jun 30, 2010

I can confirm that the thread "Proz - j'accuse!" has been showing on and off all day, and this is probably not related to it being locked or not, as I understand that this only happened about an hour ago.
My previous post at 13:44 was because I could not see it on "recent posts", although I did see it there about 20 minutes later.

The mystery continues....

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
No post from locked thread observed in list of latest posts Jun 30, 2010

Hi Emma,

Thanks for providing further information. I have been monitoring the "Most Recent Posts" page since my last reply (for about an hour now) and I have not seen any post from the thread Proz - j'accuse! showing as part of the list.

However, if you happen to see any post from that thread popping out in the list of latests posts, please take a screenshot of the page you see (you can find instructions on how to
... See more
Hi Emma,

Thanks for providing further information. I have been monitoring the "Most Recent Posts" page since my last reply (for about an hour now) and I have not seen any post from the thread Proz - j'accuse! showing as part of the list.

However, if you happen to see any post from that thread popping out in the list of latests posts, please take a screenshot of the page you see (you can find instructions on how to create a screenshot here: http://www.proz.com/faq/56102#56102 ) and send it to me attached to a support request. This should help me look into this further.

Thanks again for your cooperation.

Lucia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recent posts not showing in 'Most recent posts' page (Staff: Posts of locked threads are not listed)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »