Lynda La Posta
Lynda La Posta  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:13
Italian to English
....hahaha me too Feb 10, 2012

Hi everyone,

I was being "stalked" as well!!!!

Glad to hear it was only a search engine (kind of!). Thanks for the clarification.

Lynda

Junko Yamaguchi
Junko Yamaguchi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:13
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
how to stop it! Jun 19, 2012

Have the same problem. From this ID 157.56.93.88 (Redmond - Washington USA) , I have someone, may be a machine, that come every 2 hours to visit my profile. How can I stop this loop??? Can someone say me what to do?
The Domain is msn.com.
Thank in advance

Radian Yazynin
Radian Yazynin  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:13
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Behaviour like that of a crawler Jun 19, 2012

but I see "Freelancer" in the respective column and a particular region in Russia. How come? Nearly everyday with about 60 or 70 visits.

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Visits are probably coming from a search engine crawler Jun 19, 2012

Junko Yamaguchi wrote:

Have the same problem. From this ID 157.56.93.88 (Redmond - Washington USA) , I have someone, may be a machine, that come every 2 hours to visit my profile. How can I stop this loop??? Can someone say me what to do?
The Domain is msn.com.
Thank in advance

Hello Junko,

Please note that those visits seem to be coming primarily from a search engine crawler, which is what goes out and 'spiders' the Internet for pages to be searchable. The visitor you had those multiple visits from actually appears to be from MSN or Google. So basically, no need for alarm, a machine is visiting your profile numerous times, not a human.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Maria

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
One of these visitors appears to be an actual person Jun 19, 2012

Radian Yazynin wrote:

but I see "Freelancer" in the respective column and a particular region in Russia. How come? Nearly everyday with about 60 or 70 visits.

Hello Radian,

I see that there are two visitors who have paid multiple visits to your profile recently; one appears to be a crawler, and the other an actual site user. The "Viewer Type" will indicate the account type of the person visiting your profile, and a checkmark in this column signifies that this individual is ID verified ( http://www.proz.com/faq/4177#4177 ).

If you would like to hide these visits from your Visitors tab, you can click the [Hide this visitor] link in the "Action" column, http://www.proz.com/index.php?sp=profile&sp_mode=visitors&style=visitor&eid_s=

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Best regards,

Maria

Elizabeth Tamblin
Elizabeth Tamblin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:13
French to English
Somewhere in California... Jun 15, 2013

I keep getting visits from Palo Alto. When I zoom into the address, I see a nice-looking house with a swimming pool. I've imagined it could be a stalker, and have told my husband not to come and rescue me if I get kidnapped and taken over to that house.

[Edited at 2013-06-15 08:00 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Visitors listing: too many visits from only one source

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »