This site uses cookies.
Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
For more information, please see the ProZ.com privacy policy.
VIA AILooking for an interpreter?
Remoto by ProZ.com connects you with an identity-verified interpreter by video or phone in about 60 seconds — 300+ languages, on demand or booked ahead.
Try Remoto »
Eleni Makantani Greece Local time: 11:28 Member English to Greek + ...
Feb 3, 2009
Hello,
I am a Gmail user and today I noticed something which I consider strange:
I checked my account's recent activity and in the log that appeared on my screen, I saw that the most recent activity was indeed from my own IP address, but some 3.5 hours ago there was activity from a different IP. However, I only use one computer (= one IP address) for access to my account. Also, I do not use wireless internet, which could potentially grant access to someone in the neighb... See more
Hello,
I am a Gmail user and today I noticed something which I consider strange:
I checked my account's recent activity and in the log that appeared on my screen, I saw that the most recent activity was indeed from my own IP address, but some 3.5 hours ago there was activity from a different IP. However, I only use one computer (= one IP address) for access to my account. Also, I do not use wireless internet, which could potentially grant access to someone in the neighbourhood. Only good old wired router
Does anyone have any idea about this? Should I be worried that someone else has access to my account from a different computer?
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Vadim Pogulyaev Thailand Local time: 15:28 English to Russian
Advice
Feb 3, 2009
Try whois service. (Can be easily found in google.) So you'll know ISP, and possibly location of potential threat.
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
nortranslate (X) Norway Local time: 10:28 English to Norwegian + ...
A similar thing happened to me
Feb 3, 2009
Some time ago I also discovered some odd searches registered in the activity log. Nothing ugly or bad, bad still I could not recall having searched for those words.
Then I remembered that I used my sons laptop to check my e-mail a couple of days back.
He uses it on other networks as well (school etc).
When I logged on to his computer again I found that I was still logged on to my gmail account. And when I logged out the registration of "other" log items stopped. ... See more
Some time ago I also discovered some odd searches registered in the activity log. Nothing ugly or bad, bad still I could not recall having searched for those words.
Then I remembered that I used my sons laptop to check my e-mail a couple of days back.
He uses it on other networks as well (school etc).
When I logged on to his computer again I found that I was still logged on to my gmail account. And when I logged out the registration of "other" log items stopped.
I don't know if this could be an explanation, but we all should make sure to log out of our gmail account when we leave a computer.
------ just a thought -----
If you do not have a static IP, it may happen that your IP changes from time to time.
Many, including ADSL users, have a modem set up as PPoE (or PPPoE). This is a dial-up connection using ethernet as the transport. The connection may close from time to time due to inactivity. When you open you web browser etc it reconnects. For each time the modem dials up the ISP you may get a new IP-address.
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Jacques DP Switzerland Local time: 10:28 English to French
If in doubt, change your password
Feb 4, 2009
If you have the least doubt, just change your gmail password. Whoever may have gained access to your gmail account in the past won't be able to log in anymore.
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio
Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.
Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop
and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.