This site uses cookies.
Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
For more information, please see the ProZ.com privacy policy.
VIA AILooking for an interpreter?
Remoto by ProZ.com connects you with an identity-verified interpreter by video or phone in about 60 seconds — 300+ languages, on demand or booked ahead.
Try Remoto »
When I try to save my work in Trados Studio 2017 I get the following message:
"Access to the path 'C\Users\joopd\OneDrive\Documenten\Studio2017\AutoSave\...." is denied.
I must say that the last few days I received some mails that some files from my OneDrive had been deleted. But I didn't touch my OneDrive (I hardly use it).
Does anyone has any clue as to how to fix this problem?
When I try to save my work in Trados Studio 2017 I get the following message:
"Access to the path 'C\Users\joopd\OneDrive\Documenten\Studio2017\AutoSave\...." is denied.
I must say that the last few days I received some mails that some files from my OneDrive had been deleted. But I didn't touch my OneDrive (I hardly use it).
Does anyone has any clue as to how to fix this problem?
After more than one day the message suddenly doesn't appear anymore. So problem solved...
expressisverbis
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
expressisverbis Portugal Local time: 05:26 English to Portuguese + ...
It seems to be a synchronisation issue
Nov 22, 2024
If OneDrive is synchronising the folder where Trados autosaves, it might lock files temporarily, causing that error.
To stop OneDrive synchronisation for that folder, try to right-click the folder in OneDrive and select 'Always Keep on This Device or Stop Syncing'; or move the Studio 2017 folder outside of OneDrive’s synchronisation path.
If the problem persists, change where Trados stores autosave files: File > Options > File Types > General.
Look for the Autosave settings a... See more
If OneDrive is synchronising the folder where Trados autosaves, it might lock files temporarily, causing that error.
To stop OneDrive synchronisation for that folder, try to right-click the folder in OneDrive and select 'Always Keep on This Device or Stop Syncing'; or move the Studio 2017 folder outside of OneDrive’s synchronisation path.
If the problem persists, change where Trados stores autosave files: File > Options > File Types > General.
Look for the Autosave settings and change the location to a local directory outside of OneDrive. ▲ Collapse
Taeyoung Lim
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
expressisverbis Portugal Local time: 05:26 English to Portuguese + ...
Late!
Nov 22, 2024
Joop Debrabandere wrote:
After more than one day the message suddenly doesn't appear anymore. So problem solved...
I came late! I'm glad the problem was solved.
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Thank you very much for your help. Maybe I can still use your solution should the problem come back!
Kind regards
Joop
expressisverbis
Subject:
Comment:
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Marlene Blanshay Canada Local time: 00:26 French to English + ...
having the same problem!
May 28, 2025
Using Studio 2021 and having the same issue.
It seems to be a synchronisation issue Nov 22, 2024
"If OneDrive is synchronising the folder where Trados autosaves, it might lock files temporarily, causing that error.
To stop OneDrive synchronisation for that folder, try to right-click the folder in OneDrive and select 'Always Keep on This Device or Stop Syncing'; or move the Studio 2017 folder outside of OneDrive’s synchronisation path.
If the problem persi... See more
Using Studio 2021 and having the same issue.
It seems to be a synchronisation issue Nov 22, 2024
"If OneDrive is synchronising the folder where Trados autosaves, it might lock files temporarily, causing that error.
To stop OneDrive synchronisation for that folder, try to right-click the folder in OneDrive and select 'Always Keep on This Device or Stop Syncing'; or move the Studio 2017 folder outside of OneDrive’s synchronisation path.
If the problem persists, change where Trados stores autosave files: File > Options > File Types > General.
Look for the Autosave settings and change the location to a local directory outside of OneDrive."
I've tried disabling OneDrive, disabling autosave,but still it's crashing. OneDrive is the problem!
Can you tell me where I can change the sync path for OneDrive? It's definitely a sync issue.
I finally decided that for now, I'm going to Advanced Save As and just update the Xliff, turning off AutoSave, pause sync on OneDrive. I tried that a few times and at least my files are saved. I can always store them on the Cloud, or restart Sync on One drive.
Edit Translations Faster With Affordable AI You Can Trust
Draftsmith is an affordable AI editing tool for busy translators. It works directly in Microsoft Word, supporting the way you work
ProZ members receive a 20% discount on a single user subscription of Draftsmith.
Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.